project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2021-03-17, 15:47   #1
UncleSmek
Default All these changes to the AR kit yet no one seems to get it right

Hi,

With all the recent changes to the AR kit nobody seems to get right.

Now you have rendered the AR kit useless and destroyed something that actually worked.
Sure, some changes to the accuracy shouldve been made but this is way too much. If you are dead-set on having this accuracy please increase the suppression effect. Also, when shooting single fire the weapon is still pretty useless even though you are perfectly still and hitting on the target. It feels more like the devs broke it rather than tweak or fix it -- that might explain the blanks. Maybe the wrong person has been touching it?

At this point you are just punishing people for becoming good with kits.
UncleSmek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-17, 16:40   #2
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Default Re: All these changes to the AR kit yet no one seems to get it right

I think deployed weapons are great now.

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-17, 17:16   #3
saXoni
Supporting Member

I'm with you Smek - I'd much rather have the accuracy over decreased time to settle.
Deployed weapons have always been great. It's funny how people have just now realised the sniper kit is useful when it's been such a good kit for the past 10 years.
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-17, 18:05   #4
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor

Hi Smek, the person you're looking for is me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleSmek View Post
Also, when shooting single fire the weapon is still pretty useless even though you are perfectly still and hitting on the target.
You see, comments like this loose me right off the bat. I did not touch the base accuracy and stance modifiers whatsoever, the only one I touched was the ADS modifier which went up from 0.3 to 0.4. Suppose the old deviation would give you - for argument's sake - a firing cone diameter of 60 cm at 600m, this would now be 80cm. You're simply not actually firing single if you fail to hit a target at a distance you were once able to hit, if anything, the only thing that changes is how reliably a target can be hit.
To emphasize what actually happens I'm using the exact "for the sake of argument"-type situation with the above numbers:
Previously a 60cm diameter target will be hit 100% of the time. Currently this same target is not magically "un-hit-able" which is just complete nonsense, but you'll have to live with that about a fifth to a quarter of shots will not hit, meaning 75-80% do. This decrease in hit reliability somehow makes a 50 + / 100rd + capacity weapon useless.... how???

Quote:
It feels more like the devs broke it rather than tweak or fix it
Feelings make for terrible arguments.

Quote:
Maybe the wrong person has been touching it?
No. <3

Quote:
At this point you are just punishing people for becoming good with kits.
Holding Mouse 1 means you're a skillful player, wow.

https://imgur.com/a/BfigHMM

Yeah, I nerfed "myself" and others because I was tired of this legitemate easy mode provided by the LMGs/GPMGs.
Because DMRs were utterly outclassed in what they are designed to accomplish IRL by a high-capacity almost recoilless fully automatic weapon system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saXoni View Post
I'm with you Smek - I'd much rather have the accuracy over decreased time to settle.
Accuracy has barely been touched but w/e, let's not get game code in the way of how we would like to perceive things, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saXoni View Post
Deployed weapons have always been great. It's funny how people have just now realised the sniper kit is useful when it's been such a good kit for the past 10 years.
Before anybody else gets the idea wrong through these false statements let it be known that I bumped up sniper accuracy while making their "turn deviation" much less of a hindrance in order to allow for shots on moving targets when tracking them to be much more likely to hit. On top of the reduced settle time after running around similar to other deployed weapons.

Snipers previously did not have the long range accuracy you want them to have while their movement and turn deviation made them rather hard to score hits with any reliability when an enemy was moving and you had to track him.

I'm glad you're liking the change though.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-17, 19:04   #5
saXoni
Supporting Member

Barely been touched still means it has been touched enough to notice a difference at long range.

Saying deployed weapons has always been great is not a false statement. Nor is it false to claim that the sniper kit has always been great.

How much did you bump the accuracy by, and at what distance does the target have to be for anyone to notice? I have never had issues with long range sniping.
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-18, 14:32   #6
UncleSmek

Whatever word I use such as "feels" is totally irrelevant, im not here to argue.

The AR as a kit has been ruined by these changes and it will have a negative effect on gameplay.

You are not the only one playing AR frontliner and you cant change a kit due to your own performance.
Old 2021-03-18, 15:01   #7
transpilot
Banned

as the leader of the best clan by far I have to agree with smek.

The AR got nerfed a bit too much. 5% less accuracy would have been enough

If you wanted to buff the DMR than why not make it a proper kit compared to the rifleman?
Give a bit more zoom on the scope and make it super accurate when deployed.

Cheers,

#1clan
transpilot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-18, 15:11   #8
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

- deployed weapons settle faster. This means you can re-position more easily and more often. The awkward 7-second waiting time to be on minimum deviation is gone. It simulates the time to put the bipod on something, nothing more. I think this feels much more realistic, smooth and less awkward than before

- AR's deviation penalty is higher - it's still very accurate with well-placed shots, but it's not a hold LMB and shoot away at 150m-kind of deal anymore, and I think that works really well and feels much more realistic than before. Now you need more skill to place shots and time your bursts better. With improved suppression (in the future maybe?) you have the choice between shooting to suppress and shooting to kill at long ranges. Short distances, the ARs are more deadly than before because the penality is not as noticeable and the settling time helps a lot when repositioning.

Marksmen and Snipers benefit greatly from the faster settling time and reduced movement deviation, compared to before.
Now there is actually a reason to pick DMR over AR, and the two work much better together than before, where the AR was the "ultimate DMR".

What I get from your arguments is that you want less deviation penalty, and more settling time again.

Last edited by Nate.; 2021-03-18 at 15:17..
Old 2021-03-18, 15:15   #9
UncleSmek

The weapon cant be this inaccurate thats all i am saying. If the weapon is this inaccurate increase the suppression otherwise its just a useless kit.
Old 2021-03-18, 15:56   #10
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Is it inaccurate when you 1-tap or quick-burst? No.

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote