project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2021-03-25, 02:42   #1
dcm
Default Syrian Combat Engineer needs to be able to blow caches

A couple days ago i was playing Kafr Halab Insurgency Alt(best map in game not gonna lie). My squad stumbled upon a cache and we didn't have breacher nearby to blow it. We selected combat engineer instead and he placed both IEDs on the cache. Neither was able to destroy it.

Please allow Ieds to destroy caches. And if possible give syrian combat engy an alternative version.
dcm is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-25, 07:30   #2
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Syrian Combat Engineer needs to be able to blow caches

This is done by design to prevent accidental (and not accidental) teamkills of a cache. For Kafr Halab we might need to think about something else.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-18, 00:42   #3
dcm

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread. But I'd rather not start a new one.

I encountered the same problem recently and came across a solution. The FSA team has two variants right? Blufor and Opfor? Blufor only have access to one type of technical on kafr halab alt, the three man variant. Where as opfor have access to the six man techie variant. Why not do the same for combat engy? Blufor FSA can have a traditional blufor type combat engineer with big and small C4 and AT mines. And Opfor can get an alternate combat engy with Mortar and AT mine ieds.
Old 2021-10-18, 03:58   #4
Grump/Gump.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcm View Post
Apologies for resurrecting an old thread. But I'd rather not start a new one.

I encountered the same problem recently and came across a solution. The FSA team has two variants right? Blufor and Opfor? Blufor only have access to one type of technical on kafr halab alt, the three man variant. Where as opfor have access to the six man techie variant. Why not do the same for combat engy? Blufor FSA can have a traditional blufor type combat engineer with big and small C4 and AT mines. And Opfor can get an alternate combat engy with Mortar and AT mine ieds.
Yes, I remember some WW2 maps having different kits for the same faction.. We know we have seen this. Before depending on the map, US Army SL got to choose between Thompson as primary.. Omaha night jump takes away the US officer purple smoke. Kits can change based on map. Then secondary choices would change depending on Airborne or infantry, M1A1 Carbine or the M1 Garand. Same with German officer, STG or MP40 was dependent on the map.

All insurgent factions need a kit with the yellow water container IED, like how Taliban now have rifleman. Pretty sure the yellow container can destroy caches. Hamas only have the combat engi for those IED type and on maps like Gaza with the tank destroying roadblocks..
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-18, 12:34   #5
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcm View Post
The FSA team has two variants right? Blufor and Opfor?
No, it's the same faction.

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-21, 04:06   #6
dcm

So what you're saying is that syrian combat engy cant blow caches at all? So that means I can place both ieds near cache, wait for it to get overrun and blow them, and the cache will be fine?