project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2011-09-07, 10:17   #1
Jolly
Question Any attitude restriction about bomb releasing???Bomb explode problem.....

I used quick search: EF-2000 BOMB only to find this:https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f26...-armour-3.html
no clear explaination.....discussed with my friend,various version of the solutions

In silent eagle,Sometime, bomb droped by EF-2000 wont explode.
My way to engage ground target is approaching enemy from 1500 ft and drop the bomb from 500~600 ft.sometimes, bomb hit the target and destoryed it,but sometimes bomb just hit the ground and nothing happened!!Odd......If bomb hit directly on tank,it's down but when hit the ground..Nothing happened.

I was wondering there is any limitation of EF2000,Maybe altitude restriction???Or attack angle restriction????
Jolly is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 11:49   #2
Sgt. Mahi
Default Re: Any attitude restriction about bomb releasing???Bomb explode problem.....

It's a bug.. I thought it was fixed in 0.97
Sgt. Mahi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 11:52   #3
LieutenantNessie
Banned
Default Re: Any attitude restriction about bomb releasing???Bomb explode problem.....

Well, this is probably not you problem but you gotta drop the bomb from 300-400 metres or it wont explode at all
LieutenantNessie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 13:44   #4
Elektro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly View Post
drop the bomb from 500~600
This might be the problem, try dropping the bomb from +1300 altitude.
Elektro is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 14:04   #5
Stealthgato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektro View Post
This might be the problem, try dropping the bomb from +1300 altitude.
... What.

Sometimes the altitude between the ground and the plane is lower than 400 metres, even though the altimeter says you're higher than 400 metres, since it starts counting from the actual bottom of the map, not the terrain itself, so the bomb doesn't detonate (this is my theory at least).
Stealthgato is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 20:07   #6
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthgato View Post
... What.

Sometimes the altitude between the ground and the plane is lower than 400 metres, even though the altimeter says you're higher than 400 metres, since it starts counting from the actual bottom of the map, not the terrain itself, so the bomb doesn't detonate (this is my theory at least).
^this, the altimeter on an airplane reads from sea level IRL, as for BF2 it reads from the 0 on the Y axis. just give yourself a few hundred meters of padding to drop the bomb. the fact that even mountain maps aren't that high off BF2's version of sea level makes it easier already.

Information in the hands of a critical thinker is invaluable, information alone is simply dangerous.
Bringerof_D is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 22:27   #7
ytman

Another thing to keep in mind...a bomb arming isn't really a function of distance but rather a function of time. As a result it is possible to drop a bomb 100m off the ground and have it hit a target and explode. I do this for getting hard to reach spots like bunkers or tunnels.
ytman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 00:13   #8
billysmall44

maybe they are duds.
the mods way of trolling us. Every 1/4 bomb should be a dud, wouldnt that be funny?

thats just my theory.
billysmall44 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 19:01   #9
Elektro

Quote:
... What.

Which leads to my advice of dropping the bomb from a higher altitude.
Elektro is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 21:27   #10
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Actually it goes off the Sea Level of the map, but ye, you don't have a radar altitude meter.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
attitude, bomb, explode, problem, releasingbomb, restriction