project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Mapping
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2008-05-13, 07:29   #1
Glimmerman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default [Map] Uruzgan (4km) [WIP]

I suggest a big 64 player insurgency map with 2 spawnpoints for the coalition.

A: Airfield

B: Kamp Holland

Lot of mountains in between them with 1 or 2 roads leading to a green (poppy/marihuana) taliban occupied valley in witch they have hidden numerous weapon caches in various caves and qala's.

When we are making a big level witch includes airsupport we need a big airfield. To accomodate F-16's we cant use the dirt strip outside of Kamp Holland / Tarin Kowt, a real airfield must be setup, since our F-16 squadron operates out of Kandahar, i propose Kandahar International.

Kandahar International Airport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The airport can be setup just like Al Basrah int.
but some buildings need to be modelled, for example the main terminal and offcourse the tower.

Static:
For the rest objects like a antonov and a some earlier proposed UN Mi-8's can be parked at the tarmac. Perhaps to give it more international alure even put some other (non usable) coalition aircraft on it.

Coalition:
Flyable:
1 or 2 RNAF F-16's, 1 or 2 Chinooks and a Apache can be parked for use near the spawnpoint.

Drivable:
A selection of trucks and jeeps for those who wont be flying.

Insurgents:
Drivable:
A lot of technicals and jeeps and bombcars.

Pickup kits:
Sams's Rpg's and sniper rifles

So what do you guys think?

Glimmerman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 10:05   #2
KingLorre
Default Re: [MAP] The big one.

i dont think you should have to many bomb cars on this one. there not that regualr i afghanistan yet.

you could make it a cache hunt in kandahar? limit spawn points for the insurgents so that the city doesnt really get swarmed so that patrolls are still posible?

however the sound of it is nice. now to find somewone to actualy make it >.> <.<
KingLorre is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 10:15   #3
black-wolf

I like it
black-wolf is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 10:35   #4
marcoelnk
Retired PR Developer

i like the concept...but not that it is another afghan map

marcoelnk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 12:53   #5
Eglaerinion

I know most of you are army guys but what about some African maps as well. The Marine Corps has a 60 strong recon unit in Tchad. You won't need to do alot of extra stuff (just some camo changes and the BvS10 Viking if it has not been done yet for the Brits already) but the possibility of introducing much more varied maps is a good one imo.
Eglaerinion is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 13:30   #6
Glimmerman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Perhaps will include the Royal Marines in a Caribean theatre later on, but for now will fight in Afghanistan.

Old 2008-05-13, 13:38   #7
black-wolf

Wait a sec! Do you want the insurgents fight against the dutch, while the duthc have airsupport and stuff? Holy cow! The insurgents are getting powned then!
Old 2008-05-13, 13:49   #8
Glimmerman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by black-wolf View Post
Wait a sec! Do you want the insurgents fight against the dutch, while the duthc have airsupport and stuff? Holy cow! The insurgents are getting powned then!
Insurgents will get a lot of AA in the form of Sa-7's and Armed technicals, its the same deal as in Al Basrah, but then with more airpower, the fight will take place in villages and in the mountains, F-16's will only have 2 LGB's. for the rest will find a way to balance it one way or another.

Old 2008-05-13, 14:25   #9
Mora

This is a great idea i like it alot!!

Especially the apache.. hehe

Just make sure you wont use too maybe destructible buildings because it will get blown up by air support. place the caches underground or somewhere where air support can shoot it.

Now, we only need someone to make it.. Hmm.
Mora is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 14:35   #10
black-wolf

We really must have this map

Tags
4km, big, map, poxo is ghey, uruzgan, wip