project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
18 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2024-05-03, 18:57   #1
rambo
Default Question about staticobjects

Hi,
I am trying to edit a map using bf2editor in a way that users do not need to download the map. (Just moving the objects in the map) The map is for BF2 v1.5. I can move and rotate vehicles, TOW, etc. but when I try to move static objects like wooden boxes or sandbags, the result is only displayed in the map editor. However, when I copy GamePlayObjects.con to server.zip and start the server, the wooden boxes are not moved and they remain in their original location.

My question is which objects can be moved or duplicated without the need to download the entire map? And how can I move boxes, bridges, etc?
rambo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-04, 15:12   #2
rambo
Default Re: Question about staticobjects

Also I have another problem. sometimes after saving changes using bf2editor, the combat area changes or some properties like ObjectTemplate.minSpawnDelay are changed and some vehicles are removed from map. but I did not touch these stuff. Is there any problem with bf2editor?
Old 2024-05-06, 05:12   #3
puffkiller

Have you finished reading all the basic tutorials for the editor? Your description seems to be read-only, and the file has not been truly modified or saved
puffkiller is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-06, 23:35   #4
rambo

I read some tutorials and found some answers, but I still encounter some problems.

We cannot edit the static objects already on the map using bf2editor, and the modifications will not be saved. Instead, we need to right-click and create a new object spawner. Additionally, we cannot add an object to a map that does not already have it. For example, if we add a bridge or an A10 to the Dalian plant map, the game will crash when we join.

In the map editor, some objects are missing from the list. To address this, we need to add a dummy object first using the map editor, and then modify the GamePlayObjects manually with Notepad.

If some vehicles are removed after I save the map, it's probably because I made a mistake and accidentally clicked on them, though I'm not entirely sure.

However, I have not been able to find a solution to the following issue:
After I modify one of my maps and save it, the combat area changes without me even touching the combat areas.
Old 2024-05-07, 04:32   #5
puffkiller

Perhaps you should create a new map, freely edit the map, and then enter the game to take a look.

Also, I have to tell you that DLC vehicles such as the a10 attack aircraft su39 q5 ah6, as well as American buildings, cannot be used on regular maps unless those files are transferred to the main vehicle folder
Old 2024-05-07, 07:08   #6
rambo

I Modified a map. when I create a local server it works fine. but when users try to join it their game crashes. is there any way to find out the reason?

I want to add a us carrier to map and users be able to join without downloading new map. what should I copy to folders?
Last edited by rambo; 2024-05-07 at 07:21..
Old 2024-05-07, 08:32   #7
puffkiller

Unless it is a brand new mod, it is not possible for you to modify it alone. Everyone must use the same map file.
At the same time, everyone must transfer the same DLC content,
You must create a simple mod to run these maps, but it seems that PR has already transferred the DLC content, which is why DLC objects appear in PR.
I have seen a lot of modified maps on some BF2 multiplayer servers before and now, and they are indeed running normally. I don't know how to implement them.