project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-05, 09:52   #1
Reitak
Supporting Member
Default Sniper / Assault / Support

This is my first post, sorry for spam, but it is for me important ...

We have server PRMM, it is very good mod, but there are big mistake ...
Why is assault's and support's weapon more effective, accuracy and lethal than weapon of sniper???
When I am sniper and enemy support, i burst many of projectile (long distance), and i hit enemy for 40%, but he can kill me one shot ! this is big bug, so can you please repair it? I am not alone, many players say this is not normal, in our server play 40 peoples and 30 players are support, because he is lethal ... sniper must be lethal, effective, not assault and support ...
I hope you repair this in next version ...

And my second question is, can you please complete the test maps? i try it, i thing they are good, but i can't catch any flags ...

And the last question can you write what changelog is to next version?

Thank you very much and sorry my english
Old 2006-09-05, 10:56   #2
Thunder

sniper is a long range weapon, you got to prone and hold the target in your scope for a few seconds to get a good hit.

weapons are far more accuarate when in semi automatic or fired in shortbursts.

alot for people use the prone dive bug, where they dive on the floor while firing it gives the a big accuarcy boost meaning they normally always get that leathal headshot. its being addressed in the .4 realse along with kit limiting.
as for the change log every they have confurmed soo far is on the frount page, as for the rest they making us wait but are hinting to some bug changes
Old 2006-09-05, 16:44   #3
SilvuR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reitak
Why is assault's and support's weapon more effective, accuracy and lethal than weapon of sniper???
Didnt ya know? Thats "realistic". [/sarcasm]

It has something to do with people back in .1 whining about getting destroyed because they didnt understand the concept of "take cover". I'm hoping that when kit limiting is implemented the sniper will be returned to a more realistic status rather than a luck of the draw sort of class.
Old 2006-09-05, 16:55   #4
[BiM]Black7

well a sniper "rifle" aint more lethal then a machine gun if you compair 1 shot from each gun..

tho sniper rifle has better accuracy on range then machine gun does.

a good prmm sniper can bring down ppl on 200+ meters easy with 1 shot.. a machine gunner cant.. if there not very lucky
Old 2006-09-06, 00:57   #5
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

machine gun has a more effective kill percentage at ranges around 800 meters, while a marksman's rifle is more suited for closer engagement ranges.
Old 2006-09-06, 06:18   #6
Reitak
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [BiM]Black7
well a sniper "rifle" aint more lethal then a machine gun if you compair 1 shot from each gun..

tho sniper rifle has better accuracy on range then machine gun does.

a good prmm sniper can bring down ppl on 200+ meters easy with 1 shot.. a machine gunner cant.. if there not very lucky
yes luck with sniper, but normal thing with support ... i am support i hit and kill enemie in long distance with one shot, with sniper i burst and hit him, not kill, many, many peoples say, sniper is blind !! this is true ... sniper must be for long distance deadly not only hurt enemies ...
second this, this is realistic mod, why support run same as other classes? he carry heavy rifle and many ammos, this is arkade, not realistic

It is very good mod, but with some bugs, witch are important ... :

1. sniper is blind (yes i kill enemies with extra luck - but it is not normal) - ok, make sniper blind he is right now, but make his projectile more effective and deadly
2. support kill everyone (i haven't luck - it's bug) - extra strong weapon small and long distance
3. support is running as other classes (carry hard weapon and ammos) - he can jump, swim and then normal run)

1 and 2 points decay game ...
Old 2006-09-06, 15:14   #7
Thunder

the support weapon is not much powerfull that the other assualt rifles its the number of bullets ne puts into a enermy that kills them(unless its a head shot)

the support doesnt carry ammo bags the assualt guy does, and has a very limited sprint compared to medic sniper and spec ops.

as for the sniper hes just as accurate and deadly as the other classes. but is very different from the vannila sniper and takes time and paticence for you to get use to the changes.

and what do you mean that the sniper is blind?
Old 2006-09-06, 15:40   #8
MrD
Supporting Member

you could put a warning out on your server asking for voluntary balanced kit choosing, then when you get loads of sniper or support whores ruining rounds you simply put a message out, then start kicking them till they pick more balanced classes for their squads.

[R-MOD]Mongolian Dude:
AH man, sarcasm is so hard to get across the web, even if we are both british
[R-DEV]Jaymz: That has to be...the most epic response to a welcome thread I have ever seen. [R-CON]Mr.D ladies and gentlemen!
Old 2006-09-07, 02:43   #9
BluDragon

i am very effective with both the support and the sniper...but you need to know the diffences. For sniper, i kill almost everytime in one shot. I dont fire unless the target is still, and i can hit the head. Support i use mainly for defense to keep a area or pathway clean of enemies, lay prone in a alley near our flag to ambush or whatever.
Closed Thread

Tags
assault, sniper, support