project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-07, 11:45   #1
MrD
Supporting Member

Default vBF2 patch 1.4 bugs to PRMM 0.314

with vBF2 patch 1.4 on PRMM server 0.14 with 1.4 update

CORRECTION> the deviation circles are smaller now. when stationary i am highly accurate (like in real world, cue cheesy grin!) but when moving deviation is like before when stationary.

please change MOVING deviation to previous deviation circle and keep stationary deviation as it is now as that's REAL WORLD deviation.

PB errors are occuring with me, suggesting that my PB is not updating. if this is a major occurence with players then the less technically able will be unable to resolve the problem.

EDIT : PB errors were fixed when the iGi server had ITS punkbuster updated

[R-MOD]Mongolian Dude:
AH man, sarcasm is so hard to get across the web, even if we are both british
[R-DEV]Jaymz: That has to be...the most epic response to a welcome thread I have ever seen. [R-CON]Mr.D ladies and gentlemen!
Last edited by MrD; 2006-09-07 at 12:13..
Old 2006-09-07, 12:19   #2
e-Gor
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

lol, I'd just tested it and found that there was a difference, and when I came back to report you'd edited your post. Can anyone else confirm that there is less deviation than before? I do agree it seems hugely accurate, but it's been so long since I had a decent game that I can't compare it to what it was before.
Old 2006-09-07, 12:28   #3
MrD
Supporting Member

i was playing on iGi server and a lad entered the game i don't know, he picked sniper and even he could report that accuracy had hugely increased!!!!!

i had a talk with him in the server and he concurred the issue was there.

of course, with all the drugs i'm taking i could be dreaming all this so this post isn't good enough for "can anyone else confirm" so we'll just wait for everyone else to wake up and go try looking specifically for this issue.

[R-MOD]Mongolian Dude:
[R-DEV]Jaymz: That has to be...the most epic response to a welcome thread I have ever seen. [R-CON]Mr.D ladies and gentlemen!
Old 2006-09-07, 15:59   #4
MrD
Supporting Member

FORGET EVERYTHING I SAID BEFORE

once you have 4 or 5 layers in a server (and i get good pings to iGi server) the deviation in the heat of battle seems to players to have calmed down in conjunction with movement and tactics and now the weapons firing is even more realistic.

to be honest, even though it's a reality mod, a lot of the time before this 1.4 patch i wished my guns would fire more accurately, much as i can do in real life. now the weapons are upto where i want to be.

it is of course making people who in real world wouldn't be so good, suddenly be good shots, but it's better than the nerfing deviation that we had before.

this could of course be answered by the fact that certain weapons aren't accurate, or that the balancing of weapons in real world means certain weapons aren't as accurate as others, but now we have all weapons brought upto the accuracy of the best weapon so teams aren't nerfed by national weapons choice.

the game is fine right now as regards deviation, and we might actually see more spread across classes. snipers are of course more accurate, but there is no need to pick LSW to rape people (well, you still can, but at least the other classes now have a chance) the only answer to the LSW problem now is reduce the running speed further to face the fact the weapon and ammo are a lot heavier/cumbersome.

with enough difference between the running speeds/stamina of lighter classes compared to LSW will make certain people stop support whoring.

[R-MOD]Mongolian Dude:
Old 2006-09-07, 16:37   #5
[BiM]Black7

just tested the sniper rifles and i dont really feel any diffrence from befor i missed as much as i used to and hit as much too..
Old 2006-09-07, 19:47   #6
NikovK
Retired PR Developer

I hit every time I fire the sniper rifle. Obviously I hax.

Mapper of Road to Kyongan'Ni and Hills of Hamgyong;
Genius behind many Really Stupid Ideas, and some Decent Ones.

Old 2006-09-07, 20:07   #7
MrD
Supporting Member

okay, found another couple of wierd points

1) when i grabbed a medic kit off the enemy and started healing myself i changed kits again just before i had finished to be able to use a gun that shoots and i then spent some time walking round with the medic sound in my ears until i grabbed another dead medics kit and healed myself fully and got that final sound telling you that you had finished medding.

2) after grabbing an enemies SAW i attempted to reload it from my sides kitbags and it seemed to take forever.

3) when using VOIP for a long sentence i got a connection drop

[R-MOD]Mongolian Dude:
Old 2006-09-07, 20:26   #8
KingofCamelot
Retired PR Developer

Uh, I'd have to look into this, but I don't see how the 1.4 patch could affect our deviation settings. o.O The PR files overwrite the BF2 ones when you are playing PR, so any changes to the BF2 files are thus overwritten by our changes. So, unless they changed the way deviation actually works, then the settings should be the same...

Ruthless Executioner of 280 SpamBots

Retired Lead Coder for Project Reality - 0.25 through 0.4
Old 2006-09-08, 10:44   #9
DivS-konti

Me and my mates found out that one can't tell the other players where the enemy is, if the distance to the enemy is quite large. This changed with patch 1.4.
Before 1.4 one could tell but the enemy was not marked correctly on the minimap (where he really was). I told this some time ago - should be a vBF2 bug. But this has been intensified with the new patch.

I don't like that
Old 2006-09-08, 11:40   #10
Batalla35
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivS-konti
Me and my mates found out that one can't tell the other players where the enemy is, if the distance to the enemy is quite large. This changed with patch 1.4.
Before 1.4 one could tell but the enemy was not marked correctly on the minimap (where he really was). I told this some time ago - should be a vBF2 bug. But this has been intensified with the new patch.

I don't like that
yeah it happens to me yesterday, but only since 1.4

batalla35
Closed Thread

Tags
bugs, patch, prmm, vbf2