project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:WWII General Discussion
24 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:WWII General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality WWII modification.

Old 2013-08-23, 16:44   #1
CTRifle
Retired PR Developer

Cool Feedback: Tanking in PN

Hey all, as we are working on PN we are discussing ways of improving gameplay with everything, but one of the majors is tanking. Atm we have a variety of tanks and vehicles, but we would like to see what those who play PN think on the subject. So, any ways to improve it, or build on it are what we want to hear!

Old 2013-08-23, 21:53   #2
ExeTick
Supporting Member

Default Re: Feedback: Tanking in PN

to improve it even further would be to add more common german tanks. like tiger 1 panter and panzer IV with side plates and there high velocity 75mm cannon.

ofcourse then we would need maps where allies have TDs like hellcat,wolverine and m36 slugger and make the sherman with its short cannon the half useless tank vs tank it was and focus it more on infantry support.

this would be allot of work and I havent done allot of tanking lately due to normandy is not in 1.0..

and even allies have air control and germans get AA Vehicles.

Last edited by ExeTick; 2013-08-23 at 21:59..
Old 2013-08-24, 10:27   #3
[R-DEV]​camo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Maybe make a map that is a little larger? I know it will not be as good for infantry but the tanking in PN was always close quarters and not always its strong suit. Also make sure the sherman can actually get over the hedgerows in brecourt, if i got a penny for every time i got a sherman stuck on those hedgerows, i'd be pretty poor but still be annoyed at losing a tank.

Old 2013-08-24, 17:01   #4
SShadowFox

A tank cant get through a hedgerow without first destroying it somehow.

And you cant simply change the size of the map, new maps are being made however.

The thread is asking mainly for changes on the tanks that you guys find needed.
Old 2013-08-24, 17:15   #5
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SShadowFox View Post

And you cant simply change the size of the map, new maps are being made however.
Actually, you can.
Old 2013-08-24, 17:46   #6
SShadowFox

And new statics will be magically placed by the editor with some roads, I dont think so.
Old 2013-08-24, 18:07   #7
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo_jnr_jnr View Post
Maybe make a map that is a little larger? I know it will not be as good for infantry but the tanking in PN was always close quarters and not always its strong suit. Also make sure the sherman can actually get over the hedgerows in brecourt, if i got a penny for every time i got a sherman stuck on those hedgerows, i'd be pretty poor but still be annoyed at losing a tank.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SShadowFox View Post
And new statics will be magically placed by the editor with some roads, I dont think so.
He didn't suggest new statics, which still is not hard. However, statics do transfer over into their appropriate place, all is needed is some touch up.

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18...ale-2-4-a.html

Tags
feedback, tanking