project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
20 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 2021-01-25, 08:44   #1
jc3cf6
Default WW2 isn’t fun

WW2 is not fun to play. It has extreme balance and gameplay issues. I don’t care how authentic it’s supposed to be. Players quit in mass when world war 2 maps start. The main issues are the lack of fully automatic weapons. Many kits not having any grenades at all. And the lack of effective weapon variety. The garand did not need a nerf but instead the German kar98 needed to be buffed. After the garand nerf kar98 is still bad. The kar98 needs more ammo or something. Why does rifleman not have both types of grenades frag and smoke? Submachine guns need to be increased and given to more people on both sides. Maybe to breachers? German team especially needs more automatic weapons. The mg42 should replace the mg34 in the spawn menu. It’s much better than the mg34. The mg34 should be a machine gunner alt. Half tracks are slow. Nobody uses them. The maps are poorly designed. Vehicles get stuck everywhere. Hedgerows have to many hidden trees. Too many potholes that trucks get stuck in. Omaha is not fun for Germans. Germans need more vehicles especially tanks. They should be delayed to still give the Americans a chance. Carentan and brecourt need to be remade and remove the death ditches around the farms where cars get easily stuck. Reichswald is to small.
jc3cf6 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-25, 14:24   #2
axytho
Supporting Member
Default Re: WW2 isn’t fun

None of these things should happen. WW2 gets voted and it gets voted often.

The reason is that people like it as it is right now. If you want to play games with more fully automatic weapons, vote conventional.

If you don't like democracy, become server admin and suppress map votes.
axytho is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-25, 14:30   #3
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

I think the main issue is maps, they are not good - same with vietnam tbh.

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-25, 15:09   #4
InfantryGamer42

It got overplayed fast, whit only 5 maps to chose from. From those 5 maps, Brecourt and Carentan are decent 2km maps, Merville and Reichswald are sadly 1km maps, that do not play great on full server and Omaha is just Omaha, nice to play once in while, but not something I would like to see every day.

I am against increase in automatic weapons, it is really not needed and it is nice change compared to modern/Vietnam era and those factions, but I do agree whit grenades, because they were issues on need basis and having them limited really does not improve gameplay.

Issue of half tracks, is general issue of mechanized infantry in community. Not many people know how to do it properly and most do not see strong benefit from it. On other hand, I could agree that more logistic trucks need to be given to teams, 2 are just not enough and I saw many WW2 lost because someone lost logi in middle of nowhere, effectively leaving team whit few FOBs. Tank balance is mostly fine on maps.
InfantryGamer42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-25, 15:12   #5
[R-DEV]Suchar
PR:BF2 QA Lead
PR Server License Administrator

If you want more automatic weapons, I think BFV might be better for you.

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic98978_4.gif
Suchar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-25, 16:34   #6
axytho
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfantryGamer42 View Post
Issue of half tracks, is general issue of mechanized infantry in community. Not many people know how to do it properly and most do not see strong benefit from it. On other hand, I could agree that more logistic trucks need to be given to teams, 2 are just not enough and I saw many WW2 lost because someone lost logi in middle of nowhere, effectively leaving team whit few FOBs. Tank balance is mostly fine on maps.
Also (unless this got changed into some update) the half tracks get stuck instantly and are slower than walking unless driving on a road.

3 halftracks are worth less than 1 guy with a medium machine gunner kit in a jeep.
axytho is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-26, 19:37   #7
jc3cf6

It feels like you’re blaming the community for not playing the game as intended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchar View Post
If you want more automatic weapons, I think BFV might be better for you.
I didn’t like it so I didn’t buy it.
jc3cf6 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-31, 22:02   #8
rogdozz

I didn't like ww2 at first either, but now it's my favorite era, simply because it heavily incentivizes playing together as a squad. There is much higher emphasis on the AR or MG kit, you have to organize your squad around them to be successful, unlike modern era where regular rifles have enough firepower to win a firefight and AR/MG ist just a supplement.

Also assets are weaker in ww2.
rogdozz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-31, 22:15   #9
=-=kittykiller2

hedgerows and oneshots
=-=kittykiller2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-01, 05:28   #10
BigBigMonkeyMan
Supporting Member

I would say the percentage of fun rounds to not-so-fun rounds on WWII maps is only slightly lower than normal maps. And please do not add more grenades, if you have ever played FH2 you will understand. WWII just requires more teamplay. The whole 1 vs 2 shot garand k98 whatever has been talked to death so I won't get into that. Once more maps are added, you won't be as tired of the 5 that we have.

"We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on, we're going to survive.' Today we celebrate our independence day!"
BigBigMonkeyMan is offline Reply With Quote