project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2020-05-02, 17:06   #1
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Default Kit drop delay

Discuss here.

Note: Instead of current 15s, it will be reduced to 10s.

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-02, 18:19   #2
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator
Default Re: Kit drop delay

pointless change
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-02, 19:17   #3
Bastiannn

Revert to original with little to no delay
Bastiannn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-02, 19:18   #4
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member

it was 4 seconds FYI

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-02, 20:18   #5
hairyballs

4 is better than 10, im still getting confused whenever i open my map. In fact 4 was a good amount of time to quickly open your map and see who just died.
hairyballs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-02, 21:22   #6
Temur

Finding this really frustrating, getting punished for killing enemies in firefights. One of the best things about PR compared to Squad, PS etc is that it allows for more run-and-gun play. That has just become harder and it's really frustrating
Temur is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-03, 21:26   #7
Danesh_italiano
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temur View Post
Finding this really frustrating, getting punished for killing enemies in firefights. One of the best things about PR compared to Squad, PS etc is that it allows for more run-and-gun play. That has just become harder and it's really frustrating
DIS
also, revert aa/flare/heli/jet fisiks to 1.3.9. tenkiul.

I only know that I know nothing. Só sei que nada sei. Sólo sé que no sé nada. So solo di non sapere nulla. Tantum scio me nihil scire. Je sais seulement que je ne sais rien. Tiedän vain, etten tiedä mitään. Ich weiss nur dass ich nichts weiss. Ek weet net dat ek niks weet nie. Wiem tylko, ?e nic nie wiem. Heoi ko ahau anake e mohio ana kahore au e mohio. Ngiyazi kuphela ukuthi angazi lutho.
Danesh_italiano is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-03, 23:17   #8
friendly

I like the side effect (intended or not) of increased time to see wounded squad members on the map before they disappear. I thought 4 seconds was too short on some occasions but 15 seconds was definitely too long. 10 seconds seems fine now but I don't have enough playtime to make that assertion yet. I think shorter time visible on map is better than longer for sure though. I also think it might be good if players' icons change to differentiate between wounded and dead such as an automatic yellow icon when wounded and/or a smaller permanent red cross when 'CALL MEDIC' feature is used but I also don't want to assert that without testing it.
Last edited by friendly; 2020-05-05 at 21:22..
Old 2020-05-03, 23:41   #9
Hunter291

Many pointless changes in this update but this is far the worst (mini-map same level). Say you are a medic and a teammate went down if and you revive him instantly he has no kit to protect himself or the medic because it takes the kit 10 seconds to be used again. Ruins gameplay. What temur said is even more true with this change.
Hunter291 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-04, 06:48   #10
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Been playing as medic for quite some hours these last few days and plays just fine to me. I haven't had any bad experiences because of this change at all. I haven't been playing much PR before the release, so that might help - I'm not used to how it was.

AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote