project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > African Resistance Fighters
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
African Resistance Fighters Discussion pertaining to the African Resistance Fighters (ARF) faction.

Old 2010-04-08, 16:33   #1
Sgt_Doctor
Default Suggestion Thread.

Post here your constructive, realistic and realisable suggestions.

And please, read our Design Plan before any suggestion. (http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...ZQ2NmR2c&hl=fr)
Old 2010-04-08, 17:21   #2
Mongolian_dude
Retired Moderator

Default Re: Suggestion Thread.

In all seriousness, It would be a nice touch for officers to have the characteristic Black shades and beret.

Also, although your design plan specifies otherwise, it would add charm to the team if they used the FN FAL as their main assault rifle alone, not suplimented with AKs (which we see ALLOT of in PR already); perhaps with the Galil for slight variations.

If the Gazelle is still in the works, I would feel it better suited than an EC, as most of thier gear seems to be of the same time period and price range. Seems a bit odd to splash out on your scout helicopter amongst other things.

I demand Fela Kuti memorabilia inside the COs ACV. Infact, play the damn music! Or at the very least, a picture (cant be as much copy right as Tim Hortons, right?)

Spotify: Fela Kuti - Black Man's Cry
Spotify: Fela Kuti - Unknown Soldier

...mongol...

Military lawyers engaged in fierce legal action.
Last edited by [R-MOD]Mongolian_dude; 2010-04-08 at 17:29.. Reason: needed fela
Old 2010-04-08, 17:34   #3
Wakain

I find the mat-49 and m14 odd choices, though I like both weapons and would like to see them in pr:V very much, I can't really imagine an african resistance fighter, or for that matter a member of any militia at all, to carry either of those weapons...

happy to see that the fn fal will be included in larger numbers than was originally the plan
Old 2010-04-08, 17:52   #4
Hauteclocque
Retired PR Developer

Last edited by Hauteclocque; 2010-04-09 at 16:51..
Old 2010-04-08, 18:06   #5
H.sta
Supporting Member

I don't have any objections about the weapons, but i would like to see that red camo

Old 2010-04-08, 18:44   #6
ma21212
Supporting Member

why take out the M79...? bring it back

Old 2010-04-08, 18:44   #7
162eRI

Choices about the African faction weapons are hard. There are so many countries and so many different weapons used. And we need to be realistic as well.

-Thinking of an African army without the Ak-47 is impossible ! It's the main, if not most important weapon in Africa. In reality, all the kits should have the Ak-47!

-Fn-Fal are used in some countries, mostly for security forces. Congo used the SA58 (Fn-Fal). The G3 is more common and used by many modern units in Africa. Thought, the community wanted the Fn-Fal, so...

-The Mat-49, same as the Fn-Fal. Use by old French colonies and mostly for reservists, ceremonial and security units. It's an outdated weapon. Because of it's shortnes, the Mat 49 is a good idea. But of course, in reality, the Ak-47s is the one used.

-Today you can see more and more often South African R4 assault rifle (copy of the Galil) use in Africa. Galil is a pretty good idea as modern assault weapon for the faction.

-The M14, hard to understand this choice?! Doesn't look like African countries are using it. Scoped versions of the above rifles would be enough. Africa is not famous for its snipers and snipers rifles. They are using what they can have and I don't think most of the African countries make the difference between a marksman and a sniper... since, most of the time, they don't have both! There are far too much scopes in this design plan.

-About the grenade, well... Type 82 is far too modern but it's a good idea because of the Chinese/African partnership. And this grenade is already made. Thought, the Soviet/Chinese F-1 grenade would have been a better choice. And China is selling many Type 69 grenades to Africa, perhaps next time

My suggestions, based on reality and what I've searched for the past African faction design plan, would have been: give them only Ak-47, Ak-47s for the crewman, Galil for the assault forces, G3 for the officer and scopes only for the officer and marksman. For the grenadier, with time, give him a rifle grenade. A different weapon for the marksman (Galil with scope, Fn-Fal with scope, Ak with scope) ... And at last give them the F-1 grenade (and later if we can the Type 69 grenade)

But we have to keep in mind the community needs like for the Fn-Fal and use of scopes!

Cheers
Last edited by 162eRI; 2010-04-09 at 11:38..
Old 2010-04-09, 11:21   #8
Wakain

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]Hauteclocque View Post

lol I rest my case, but I think it's just as weird as that red camo

leaves us with the m14, I fully support 162eRI's suggestion on this
Old 2010-04-10, 09:20   #9
Sgt_Doctor

So :

-M14 will be replaced by a bipod FAL.

-It's not conceivable to get only the FN FAL for the AU/ARF fighters. Africa is the AK country by excellence... But I have tried to get some variety with the weapons.

-M79 : Not playable ATM.
Last edited by Sgt_Doctor; 2010-04-10 at 09:44..
Old 2010-04-10, 13:16   #10
Wakain

sounds good, maybe you could make the alternative kits use the fn fal, and original kits use the ak47, half of the people won't know how to get the fn fal so in the end most people will use the ak

at least it gives people the choice and it gives the faction a little of a rag tag look

Tags
african, apcs, sugestion, suggestion, thread