project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > African Resistance Fighters
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
African Resistance Fighters Discussion pertaining to the African Resistance Fighters (ARF) faction.

Old 2011-03-23, 17:51   #1
Tomking
Default [Question] Clarity on a few things

I'm new to the community faction threads. So please forgive me and my inherent ignorance.

1. Is the African Faction being created going to contain both a BluFor and OpFor faction?

2. If used as an OpFor what other factions would make good enemies for to face - considering both inland and coastal based maps.
Old 2011-03-23, 18:00   #2
Hauteclocque
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: [Question] Clarity on a few things

1. Both AU and ARF will be OPFOR, AU being a conventional faction, and the ARF insurgent-like.

2. Any BLUFOR can fight them with a good reason (several maps are already being done with the USMC and the French as opponents). Though you could also imagine a AU vs ARF scenario.

Old 2011-03-23, 19:01   #3
Tomking

Thanks for the info. I assume that the ARF (insurgents) will NOT have access to any sort of transport/supply chopper. Is this correct to assume?

AU will likely have something like the mi17 hIP right?

The reason I ask is because I have an idea for a map that I am trying to flesh out inside my head.
Old 2011-03-23, 19:26   #4
Hauteclocque
Retired PR Developer

Yeah, no choppers for the ARF

Can't say for the Mi17. We haven't thought of it yet. Not sure the Mi17 Hip is widespread in African countries.

Old 2011-03-23, 20:14   #5
162eRI

From all the informations I've been gathering when I was searching for the military equipments of the African countries, Mi17 is "widely" used by these nations, also, in small numbers most of the time and not always in very good conditions (that with old Eurocopter choppers it is)
Old 2011-03-23, 20:16   #6
Hauteclocque
Retired PR Developer

Ah sorry...when I read the post I thought about the attack version...dunno why.

Yes, the AU will have this transport chopper then.

Old 2011-03-23, 20:33   #7
Tomking

Very good to know. Wheels are turning.
Old 2011-03-25, 13:05   #8
Tomking

New Question.

Do the ARF 'Insurgent' Faction have any sort of way to cross large bodies of water. ie: RIB?

Are there any plans on creating a less modern style of boat for the faction to use?
Old 2011-03-25, 13:37   #9
lucky.BOY
Supporting Member

FYI, [R-DEV]CodeRedFox had a project of regular motor boat for insurgents, he needed it for his map placed in Somalia. I dont know any recent info about this whole thing though.

-lucky

Old 2011-03-25, 17:27   #10
Hauteclocque
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomking View Post
New Question.

Do the ARF 'Insurgent' Faction have any sort of way to cross large bodies of water. ie: RIB?

Are there any plans on creating a less modern style of boat for the faction to use?
Well, there will be surely a new boat . One is planned for another faction (a PR faction already ingame) and would fit pretty well the ARF/AU with a reskin.

Tags
clarity, question, things