project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
08 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 2022-04-06, 15:48   #1
Crylink
Default TOW emplacement is now labour intensive

The latest update introduced new balance changes regarding the TOW emplacement and that changes are that now TOWs start with no ammo loaded into it.

here's the problem - you need alot more people now to keep the TOW armed.

I dont know if the intention was to make the each TOW shot more expensive and less likely to be used against infantry.

But now it just caues TOW gunners, to scream for ammo which needs alot of manpower because rearming the rifleman ammo box takes a long time and the distance from the tow to the crate is often large.

TL;DR - New balance for TOW emplacements requires many more people to keep them supplied.
Crylink is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-06, 16:40   #2
PBAsydney
Supporting Member

Default Re: TOW emplacement is now labour intensive

Good, that was the intended purpose.

HITREG CARRY
PBAsydney is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-06, 17:00   #3
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crylink View Post
The latest update introduced new balance changes regarding the TOW emplacement and that changes are that now TOWs start with no ammo loaded into it.

I dont know if the intention was to make the each TOW shot more expensive and less likely to be used against infantry.

But now it just caues TOW gunners, to scream for ammo which needs alot of manpower because rearming the rifleman ammo box takes a long time and the distance from the tow to the crate is often large.

TL;DR - New balance for TOW emplacements requires many more people to keep them supplied.
on the other hand, TOWs are now faster to shovel, have a shorter firing delay and also reload quicker.

From changelog:
Updated with reduced reload time of deployable ATGM by 5 seconds.
Updated with reduced delay to use of deployable ATGM by 5 seconds.
Updated with reduced time to shovel deployable ATGM.

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-06, 17:06   #4
[R-COM]ismaelassassin
Chilean Forces 1978 Faction Lead

i agree, even a good squad has trouble rearming these positions as generally there would be one or even no riflemen on the squad, and the TOW/SPG emplacements require 2 ammo bags, so if you are lucky you would need to have 2 men of your squad to exclusively resupply the TOW for the following minutes. And this is in a good squad, in others people dont even get on the emplacements nor shovel if you dont specifically point them out, even less resupplyi if they are impacient or new player kind
ismaelassassin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-06, 18:29   #5
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
No, the intention was to get rid of the exploit wherein you delete and rebuild emplacements to get free ammo with each new rebuild.

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-07, 15:01   #6
ALFABETAS

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz7 View Post
No, the intention was to get rid of the exploit wherein you delete and rebuild emplacements to get free ammo with each new rebuild.
Oh yea. Was exploiting that hard. I was fun, miss you infinite ammo!
ALFABETAS is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-07, 22:12   #7
Coalz101

Quote:
Had a feeling that was the issue, I blame Merk mortars for making this known. <3 (I'm joking)
But yeah on a real note emplacements feel more valuable to keep up rather than replacing them every 5 minutes for a better spot because it'll take you a ton of effort to get it up and be an active threat quickly.
Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-11, 11:17   #8
UncleSmek

Yeah this change was needed and I wouldnt call it labour intensive as much as that it requires more planning and coordination with your trans squad to squeeze those last seconds and push the envelope on how fast you can get it up and armed.
UncleSmek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-11, 17:01   #9
Filamu
Supporting Member

Quote:
Which is a good goal. A SL can always ask for one or two riflemen for the quick tow shot.
Filamu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-13, 21:59   #10
chupachupp

I really like this change. I think super FOBs needed this nerf, and setting up the position is a lot more involved. FOBs were being placed very aggressively some times which always felt like a bit of a misuse.
chupachupp is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
balance