project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
08 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 2023-05-14, 11:40   #1
Catmouse
Default Insurgency Game Mode: Ticket Bleed BLUFOR

The insurgency game mode with its asymetric power projection ability of the BLUFOR and insurgent faction is one of the unique aspects of Project Reality gameplay. I would suggest, however, a small change to the ticket dynamic in the game:

An introduction of a slow ticket bleed on the BLUFOR side once one or two caches are discovered might increase the pressure on the better equipped team to go on the offensive rather than applying a waiting strategy and forcing the insurgents into a AAS type of game mode.

Would love to hear your comments whether you tried this kind of change before and how it went. I am not sure whether I have enough insights when it comes to the ticket dynamics and internals of the BF:PR game, so I will not provide any practical ticket bleed suggestions.

Cheers!
Catmouse is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-15, 13:22   #2
puffkiller

Default Re: Insurgency Game Mode: Ticket Bleed BLUFOR

I think like in the Gaza Strip, IDF has 800 points, which is too long to consume. Sometimes it lasts for an hour and IDF is defeated, but in reality, it only takes half an hour and IDF is already defeated. People are only consuming 800 points.

I think the blue team initially only had 400 points, destroyed a cache, and increased by 150 points.

The better the performance, the more points. The worse, the game will end in 20 minutes
puffkiller is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-16, 16:59   #3
BigBigMonkeyMan
Supporting Member

So basically you want to remove the possibility of come from behind wins? These happen much more often on INS maps than on AAS maps btw. Those low ticket BLUFOR wins on INS are some of the greatest moments in the game.

"We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on, we're going to survive.' Today we celebrate our independence day!"
BigBigMonkeyMan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-19, 03:01   #4
whathe12
PR Server License Administrator

I disagree, I had a Blurfor win today with 16 tickets left on INS Kunar after battling it out for over an hour. No way that would be possible with this suggestion. We started the last assault on the last cache with 105 tickets left after blowing the other cache,

This suggestion would mean once you're below 100 tickets and you still have 3 caches left or 2 etc. People I feel like would pretty much give up and wait for the round to be over, much like they do when their last flag is captured and they're bleeding tickets in AAS
whathe12 is offline Reply With Quote