project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > Australian Forces
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Australian Forces Discussion pertaining to the PR Australian Forces.

Old 2009-06-17, 08:50   #1
Tonnie
Retired PR Developer

Default Lead and Team Update

G'Day everyone,

There was a small problem we had with over who was lead. Most of us thort it was a joint lead by [R-DEV]Ancienman and [R-CON]Nedlands1. This was not the case as [R-DEV]Ancienman was under the impression that R-CON]Nedlands1 was lead and R-CON]Nedlands1 was under the impression that [R-DEV]Ancienman was lead.

This has all been resolved now over many PMs and many convos that i had with both of them. As it now stands i am now the ADF lead and will start getting the Faction's wheels rolling.

As it stands i need to know the following. I need everyone that has done work for the ADF to give me a PM with the work you did or are doing so i can get a list together of who is on the ADF team.

I also want to stress the need of team members, we really need to get some mappers that will see the map through to the end. If you wish to map for the ADF give me a PM and we will see where we go.

The team as it stands atm. If you have done work or are doing work for the ADF and your name is not here PM me and i will update it.

Lead
[R-DEV]tonnie15 - Lead, Models, Textures, Mapping, Small Animations, Coding, Sound and Public Relations

Team Members

[R-DEV]Chuc - Animations, Textures
[R-CON]WallyJas - Coding
Warpig - Mapping
anglomanii - Our behind the scenes info man!
[R-COM]Wilkinson mapper

Cheers for reading feel free to post here let us know what you think
[R-DEV]tonnie15 - ADF Lead

HangMan: BF2 Editor, it has very strict limitations memory wise, and crashes all the time. Its like a girl. Treat it with respect and take it slow and you'll get places. Rush and get ahead of yourself and it will turn around and punch you in the mouth
Last edited by Tonnie; 2009-07-11 at 05:48..
Old 2009-07-09, 13:30   #2
Tonnie
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: Lead and Team Update

Added anglomanii

HangMan: BF2 Editor, it has very strict limitations memory wise, and crashes all the time. Its like a girl. Treat it with respect and take it slow and you'll get places. Rush and get ahead of yourself and it will turn around and punch you in the mouth
Old 2010-02-13, 04:32   #3
RUSSIAN147

Why does it say your retired Tonnie?
Old 2010-02-13, 04:56   #4
HangMan_

i believe this thread needs a bit of an update seeing as a lot of the people listed have either retired from modding, or are no longer involved in the project, is this correct?
Old 2010-02-13, 05:12   #5
crazy11
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSIAN147 View Post
Why does it say your retired Tonnie?
Tonnie is still in charge of the Australians but is busy with real life issues and cant devote as much time to the main mod, that is why he is retired.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.- Wayne Gretzky
Old 2010-08-12, 03:32   #6
RUSSIAN147

How long has it been since an update was posted?
Old 2010-08-12, 03:46   #7
dtacs
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSIAN147 View Post
How long has it been since an update was posted?
A long time. Honestly, I can wait as long as it takes to get the ADF in game.

Tonnie is the horse drawing the cart and the donkey carrying the burden, so if he has to drop the faction for some IRL stuff thats fine with me.
Old 2010-08-12, 12:21   #8
Tonnie
Retired PR Developer

I know its been awile guys and i am still working on it from time to time but it is becoming a hassle due to the fact there really is no-one else in the team other then myself these days,

If your willing to help and can do ANY of the following please for the love of god tell me.

CONVERT THE BETA RELEASE CANDIDATE INTO CURRENT PR VERSION COMPATIBLE ( Including everything from kit requests ect... this is our major hold back atm.)

Textures,
Maps,
Kit exports,
UVmapping,
3d static models

And not needed now but we will need

vehicle coders
weapon coders

Now that thats out lol i feel much better :P

tonnie out

Old 2010-09-22, 02:47   #9
Psyrus
Retired PR Developer

Alright tonnie well it's been a long time and I've tried a few things on my own and failed pretty hard.

If you're willing to sit with me on teamspeak & teamviewer and walk me through what I need to do once, I learn pretty quickly and should be able to take care of stuff from then on. So let me know and I'll help in any way possible.

Notes:
- I have no creative flair, so please don't ask for anything artistic because you will be disappointed
- Degree in computer science but it's been ages since I did any real code so it'll take me a while to get back into the swing of things
- No dramas picking up any programs I might need

I'm not sure what's involved in kit exports and UV mapping, but I believe there is a tutorial for the UV mapping somewhere in the community modding section... not sure if it's the same thing though.

edit:
Is this the tutorial I should learn for this uv mapping thing?
http://www.bfeditor.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=4556

Or is there a different method for BF2?
Last edited by [R-DEV]Psyrus; 2010-09-22 at 02:55..
Old 2010-09-22, 07:13   #10
IINoddyII
Retired Moderator
Supporting Member

Do you have a of tasks which need to be completed, who is responsible for providing them etc. etc. I am more than happy to help out with the coordination of effort (tracking status, hassling for updates etc.) - unlike Psyrus I don't have any skills with the doing...but am good at making sure people do them..if that makes any sense

Tags
lead, team, update