project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > Australian Forces
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Australian Forces Discussion pertaining to the PR Australian Forces.

Old 2010-02-28, 22:26   #1
hades198
Lightbulb Middle East Deployments

Since this game is supposed to represent the average soldier in real life... then shouldn't we be able to use the commando and SAS classes for middle eastern deployments as most of our troops that are deployed in the middle east are from commando or SAS units (Combat Units)
Old 2010-02-28, 22:36   #2
sylent/shooter
Default Re: Middle East Delpoyments

You kind of contradicted yourself. Read your post again. You said.. "Since this game is supposed to represent the average soldier in real life" and then you said. "middle east are from commando or SAS units (Combat Units)" It's my understanding that those are not AVERAGE soldier units... so it doesn't make any sense :P
Old 2010-02-28, 22:41   #3
hades198

sorry i didnt mean it that way..... i mean since this game is supposed to represent the average trooper and because the average ADF trooper in the middle east is with the SAS or commando unit shouldnt we be able to use these forces as a semi accurate representation of australias deployed fighting force in the middle east
Old 2010-02-28, 23:03   #4
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hades198 View Post
sorry i didnt mean it that way..... i mean since this game is supposed to represent the average trooper and because the average ADF trooper in the middle east is with the SAS or commando unit shouldnt we be able to use these forces as a semi accurate representation of australias deployed fighting force in the middle east
Your source?
Old 2010-03-01, 07:13   #5
Glimmerman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

As far as i know PR focussus on regular army units, so no SAS, UIM, SEAL, Delta teams.
Other elite forces such as Para's, Airmobile brigade, regular Marines are possible though.

Old 2010-03-01, 09:11   #6
Gu^n3r

Quote:
regardless if that is true doesnt matter, adding in a sub faction is just being redundant, and would make it more of a US clone then anything, thats the last thing the ADF mod wants to be seen as.

Have to think of the bigger picture, not just afghanistan, we have maps planned and being built for not just afghanistan but alot of other areas too.
Old 2010-03-01, 23:58   #7
hades198

Quote:
Originally Posted by 503 View Post
Your source?
well since u dont live in aus u wouldnt really know whats going on but i get my sources from CNN (australian new channels) plus go to the ADFs website and look at their current overseas deployments and what units are involved.
Old 2010-03-02, 00:04   #8
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
plus go to the ADFs website and look at their current overseas deployments and what units are involved.
I'm sorry mate, but YOU need to post the source here, making others go hunt for information that you claim to have found already isn't good practice, and its also a good way to get moderator infractions.

but cuz I was curious I went and looked anyway

Australian Operation in Afghanistan - Department of Defence

sounds like the average soldier in afghanistan is part of the mentoring program?

I can't see much information regarding how many SF operators there are in country.

any other middle eastern scenario doesn't really matter regarding SF anyway since the war with the MEC is a large scale military action requiring all segments of the military, though PR will only portray the grunts.

Old 2010-03-02, 01:24   #9
Madhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Rudd View Post
I can't see much information regarding how many SF operators there are in country.
Ofcourse you won't find tons of info on our SASR and 4RAR, our military typically is very tight-liped on all SF operations.

But your right Rudd, the bulk of our forces in Astan are regular units involved in reconstruction and mentoring.
Old 2010-03-02, 05:03   #10
anglomanii
Default Re: Middle East Deployments

as of the this jan. most ADF troops in AVi are 2nd or 6th btn we have some other units deployed there, but no great number of SOG. (SOG units operate on specific mission time tables)

there is no longer any 4RAR they are now 2Cdo.

4RAR has been returned to the school of Inf. current back channel chatter puts 4th btn being reraised around 2022 in line with the developement proceedure now in place after the last whitepaper.

anglo out.

Tags
delpoyments, deployments, east, middle