project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > Australian Forces
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Australian Forces Discussion pertaining to the PR Australian Forces.

Old 2010-05-04, 13:09   #1
ChiefRyza
Default Hawkei officially replacing the Land Rover in the ADF?

Hawkei military vehicle production to generate 700 jobs

While I'm sure anglomaani posted the news on this vehicle quite some time ago, I wasn't sure if it had been selected by the ADF as the Land Rover replacement. According to Thales it seems to be a pretty strong contender, is there any information on the other vehicles up for selection?

It would be a great vehicle to see in PR nonetheless But I guess if nothing is official would this mean sticking to the current Landy?
Old 2010-05-04, 15:22   #2
iwillkillyouhun
Default Re: Hawkei officially replacing the Land Rover in the ADF?

great i like the idea
Old 2010-05-05, 00:07   #3
Jimbom

We'll have to wait and see what happens Ryza, the ADF has finalised an order for ~5000 heavily modified and armoured G-Wagons which should be starting delivery in the near future. Anglo will most likely know more about it though.

Though I do think that it would be rather cool to have all of our General Service vehicles IED proof and manufactured locally.
Old 2010-05-05, 01:19   #4
RoAdRa$H

looks rugged like a vodnik?
Old 2010-05-05, 10:00   #5
anglomanii

potentially one of the most able weapons systems looking post 2014. it is a lightweight Protected Mobility Vehicle or L-PMV there are several variants already being tested. Troop Transport*, C4I-ISTAR, DFSWV, IFSWV, Ambulance, Protected supply vehicle(basically a big ute). but knowing the ADF it wont be long until this list is expanded upon, especially once the
sotg fitters get hold of them.

* this encompasses a wide variable of fit outs owing to the modular capabilities of the monocoque,
Old 2010-05-07, 00:44   #6
Marines

What kind of weapon systems are to be fitted on the Hawkei? Are there going to be any?
Old 2010-05-07, 04:32   #7
anglomanii

both manned and remote weapon stations are standard capabilities, the main turret ring is a common build unit with the Bushmaster IMV, so the potential is it could equip with any DFWS upto and including the sampson RWS with 40mm dual feed chain gun, though like the Busmaster we will more then likely only fit the 25mm gun or the new helfire II VMATS. However as this is all part of the 2014 FC brigade systems capability program, we will have to wait and see, however the currently confirmed operational weapons systems to date include, 5.56mm minimi, 7.62mm minimi, 7.62mm MAG58, 12.7mm M2 QCB HMG, 40mm AGL system all either manned or Remote station weapons systems. as well as the new javelin RWS attachment which is being trialled now with the Bushmaster.

there is also a proposal for the IFSWV 81mm/or its replacement 120mm mortar to be fited to this vehicle as an internal system, but it is currently likely to be the current externally fitted system.
Old 2010-05-15, 05:57   #8
Freelance_Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglomanii View Post
That advertisement made me think they well selling on the civilian market, as if we need balistic protection down here in Melbourne....

Back on topic though, that Hawkei looks pretty mean.
Old 2010-06-15, 08:54   #9
anglomanii

currently the bushmaster is the only vehicle to fulfill the ADF specifications for the PH4 land 121 program.

some light reading.
http://idr.janes.com/public/adlink/ads/1360931.pdf
Old 2010-06-16, 13:18   #10
Priby
Supporting Member

Pics from the Eurosatory 2010.

Tags
adf, hawkei, land, officially, replacing, rover