project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Old 2007-02-07, 07:58   #1
Dylan

Default [Map] Talesh Mountain [scrapped]

You've probably heard me talking about making a new map lately , and I plan to actually finish this one. Basicly you start off as USMC at the bottom, or should i say entrance to the base of the mountain. You eventually will stumble across the Insurgents shelter. The bunker.

Dylan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-07, 14:38   #2
Figisaacnewton

This map looks really good, i just suggest you change the name. Too many 'operation overused term' and 'strike at random object' map names out there...
Figisaacnewton is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-07, 14:41   #3
Guerra norte

I'm loving the view distance!
Guerra norte is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-07, 17:24   #4
Dylan

I was thinking the same thing actually. Ill probably use a different name in the long run.

Oh, the veiwdistance is about the same as in the editor, but since I got high end hardware, I don't notice lag. Ive tried my best not to use a lot of overgrowth or statics, so it may be alright. Thanks.
Old 2007-02-07, 18:18   #5
Mekstizzle

Cool map - looks like it would be fun for aircraft.
Yeah just change the name to wherever it's supposed to be set in. That way it becomes more neutral rather than being from the U.S perspective.
Mekstizzle is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 07:33   #6
Dylan

Artwork! I'm going to do a sandstorm effect for the USMC base soon.
Old 2007-02-09, 10:45   #7
Desertfox

Looking good man
Desertfox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 22:31   #8
V3N0N_br

This really looks awesome, loved the ambient "feel", sky, lightning, etc., it really looks like some places in Afeghanistan. Will probably do great for using RPGs and a few tank battles
V3N0N_br is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-10, 23:45   #9
Griffon2-6

Um, your mountain is a bit too steep in some parts. I mean, you probably don't have much experience with mountains, living in Hawaii and all (actually, volcanoes are mountains, but they're different). Anyway, they look a lot bigger than they do in pictures, and natural erosion usually doesn't creat steep slopes like that, so you might want to broaden the mountain a bit, just to make it look more believeable. Another thing you can do is roughen the surrounding area to match the terrain to the mountain.

Although it does look very good in the fog and all. It's just that it looks like you've made it for the purpose of fighting, with a way to drive up in a vehicle.

Other than that, the sky looks good, statics are good, and lighting is also very good. I was never very good at lighting.
Griffon2-6 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 04:11   #10
Dylan

I love constructive crit, thanks Griffon. Edit: Hawaii is very mountainous, and our mountains are very very steep. That is what I went by, although that was my mistake I suppose.

But one thing worries me, and that is not the terrain, objects, or w/e, but it is the fact that my map is very linear. Its not like what you see in .5, where you can go to 3 different bases at once. Mine is more of a classic, advance and secure. (think EJOD Desert in .4, but even more linear, and with a narrow combat zone)

I feel very threatened by the fact that I wont be able to use AASv2 properly, or more appropriately, I wont be able to have multiple capture points at once. Because of this, I feel my map will not be a candidate for any future release because I cannot showcase all of what AASv2 has to offer. Ive read that AASv2 supports AASv1 style of play, so my problem isn't with the actual mode.

I don't want to remake the map and stray from the original idea, but I don't have a fair chance against the wide open maps.

Tags
map, mountain, scrapped, talesh, wip