project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Old 2013-08-06, 21:41   #1
KRSP

Default PR 1.0 stuttering lag/rubber-banding.

Hey,

Hopefully someone can help, my PR 1.0 randomly starts lagging out, the lag causes rubber-banding which sucks and a message saying something like "connection to the server interrupted" flickers in and out as the connection dwindles. This can happen for a full game, or I can go 5 mins without it happening.

My ISP is from BT (50mb/s Infinity) on a Wireless connection (wired is impossible).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
KRSP is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 12:48   #2
KRSP

Default Re: PR 1.0 stuttering lag/rubber-banding.

Bumping to hopefully get some help, PR is unplayable due to this
KRSP is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 20:42   #3
Tommy952

I'm in an _almost_ identical position.

Got an i5 2500k (so it's not a processor problem), a GTTX 560 ti (not a graphics problem) and a steady (but wireless) 30mb/s BT fibre optic connection which never gives me lag issues in any other game, or indeed in PR up until 1.0.

Same issue really, sometimes I'll go a few minutes without a spike and then suddenly I'll have a full minute of a massive lag spike every ~5 seconds. If I look at my in game ping it spikes up to 1000+ at this point, then quickly restores to normal (20-30 on the UK servers I play on).

I've still managed to play a few games just by chewing through it but it's getting quite distracting now, and you're basically fucked if it happens in an engagement.

To clarify- NEVER had this problem pre-1.0.
Tommy952 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 21:01   #4
LITOralis.nMd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Tommy, do you happen to have a BT HomeHub 3 router also?

I'm nearly certain the router is a huge stinking pile of shite, in KRSP's dilemma.
Something in the router, be it tcp flood protection, udp flood protection, the need to manually enter port triggering info, QoS, max number of simultaneous connections, or something like that is the cause.
I can not find a solution.

If possible, post as much info about your entire network, from WiFI card/chipset, wifi drivers, firewall, antivirus, router info make model and firmware update, so we can troubleshoot.

To be clear, no other online FPS shooter games are giving you this trouble?

LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 21:50   #5
Tommy952

Thanks for the fast response man!

And yes, I am rocking that same BT HH 3.0 :P , firmware version V100R001C01B036SP03_L_B.

My wireless adaptor is a Hawking HWUN1 USB adaptor.

No anti-virus.

Comodo firewall (free version).

And no, no other FPS games (or, any games) give me this issue. I do have one other re-occuring problem though, namely my router randomly rebooting at midnight on some nights (only some nights, but always at the stroke of midnight, I can only guess some kind of firmware update).
Old 2013-08-08, 22:08   #6
LITOralis.nMd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

TO put it bluntly, I can't figure out wtf is damned wrong with this particular router, or if it's actually an ISP network filter or something like that.

please try this SPECIFIC ONLY TO BT HOME HUB 3 ROUTERS:

Quote:
It isn�t the service its the speedtouch (homehub) config. I had the problem too although i�m not on BT so I couldn�t help you with the things you need to edit as BT uses a different template and it would probably balls it up totally.

Use this AT YOUR OWN RISK

1. Follow this link to the router configuartion page:
http://192.168.1.254/cgi/b/bandr/?ce...BACKUP_RESTORE

2.Enter username & password (default is Administrator, with password left blank)

3. Select Backup Configuration Now.... Don�t close this window

You should now have a user.ini file containing your router configuration options.

4. Open it in Notepad. Go to Edit , Find and search for appconfig application=GAME(UDP)

You should see three entries regarding UDP. You need to change them to:

appconfig application=GAME(UDP) trace=enabled timeout=3
appconfig application=CONE(UDP) trace=enabled timeout=3
appconfig application=LOOSE(UDP) trace=enabled timeout=3

Now again, go to Edit , Find and this time search for timerconfig timer=udpidle

You should change this entry to:

timerconfig timer=udpidle value=3

5. Save that user.ini file to the desktop. Switch back to the Speedtouch router page and select Restore Configuration Now....

6. Use the router dialog to locate and select the user.ini file that you have modified. The router should upload the file.

7. Once configuration is uploaded, restart your router and all �Connection Problem� or Server list crashes or Restarting of the router due to UDP flooding in CSS and other games should be FIXED.
EDIT for myself: source for future reference: http://forums.enemydown.co.uk/showthread.php?t=12039

Old 2013-08-08, 22:10   #7
LITOralis.nMd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Where do I find the default admin password for my BT Home Hub? | Help | BT.com Help

Old 2013-08-08, 22:55   #8
Tommy952

Thanks for that! I'll work on that tomorrow as it's getting a bit late to go hunting around for my router password (gotta reset it at the hub as I forgot the custom password I set when I originally set it up a few years ago).

I don't suppose you've heard of the Home Hub 4 having similar issues? I would get myself a ?30 router and upgrade it with custom firmware myself but I'm moving out in a month so the simplest thing to do would be to just pay the upgrade cost for the newest home hub- that is, if it's a step up at all.
Old 2013-08-12, 14:53   #9
LITOralis.nMd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Please give me an update on success/failure of the above changes to BT HH3

Old 2013-08-17, 13:04   #10
Pantera

Im going to bump this thread instead of making another one.

I keep getting this message:

I cannot play PR because it happens every 5 god damn seconds.

I am on Virgin Media, 30mbps, and have never had this issue with any game on the planet ever. Even PR v98 played like a baby, now 1.0 has this happening.

Ive played on different servers, but i get it there too.
Pantera is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
jittery, lag, lag or rubberbanding, ping, rubberbanding, stuttering