project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
03 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2014-07-01, 13:17   #1
Barbrady
Default Tank Scales

I have made a screenshot to compare the T-62 vs. the T-72 tank. The T-72 looks a little small. The T-62 seems to have more realistic proportions. Always wondered how the devs set standards for such measurements.

Barbrady is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-01, 13:41   #2
Psyrus
Retired PR Developer
Default Re: Tank Scales

I'm not 100% sure, but isn't the T72 a BF2 asset, and thus wasn't made by the PR team?
Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-01, 13:51   #3
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

T72 was made by USI. So was the T62 I believe.

Fault of the exporter I'm afraid. Not much we can do about it since the export scenes aren't available to us AFAIK.

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-01, 14:08   #4
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mineral View Post
Fault of the exporter I'm afraid. Not much we can do about it since the export scenes aren't available to us AFAIK.
Not so much a fault tbh, they where just exported on the same kinda scale as vBF2 tanks are, as most of our other tanks in PR are to as realistic sized ones would have had problems getting around our current maps, which back then was mainly vBF2 maps and any custom ones where designed with vBF2 vehicle sizes too. That and we where also using a lot of, and still are, vBF2 tanks which we couldn't (easily at least) change the scale of so for gameplay reasons, it wouldn't be too good if tanks that are realistically the same kinda size, are much, much larger than their counterparts which could hide in small dunes, but the realistic size one, can't, where they both shouldn't be able to.

Realistically our tanks should be much, MUCH larger than they are ingame.

As such, DICE are to blame

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-01, 14:59   #5
[R-DEV]​UTurista
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

The scale of the tanks is not bad when you compare it with the pilot/chopper scale, in many situations its looks like a 8y kid is flying those birds.

His tiny legs and arms...

Dont question the wikipedia! Just because it reports different things on different languages does not make it unreliable source!
UTurista is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 01:37   #6
PlaynCool

I went to the military museum and what struck me was how LARGE everything was. T-34 tanks are huge T-55 tank is actually much bigger visually than T-72, T-72 has such a small profile . The fighter jets are huge too, mig-21 , two seated Tornado is big . When you just stand near a fighter jet it feels huge , here are some pics i think some of you guys might like :P
T-72 or T-55 not sure

Imagine the damage to aircraft

The left side of t-55 some t-34's and in the distance German ww2 tanks

The Tornado:

T-55

T-72

And the HIND:

Exhaust pipe:

Sorry guys if i spammed the thread, but 95% of these vehicles are in PR and i thought you could see how big they are compared to the random people standing near them, i have more pictures but won't post them. When i went there i had PR expectations about the vehicles but it was amazing how huge everything was.
PlaynCool is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 11:54   #7
ComradeHX
Banned
Supporting Member

T-72 needs a little bigger size, indeed.

But it's already underpowered against NATO tanks.
ComradeHX is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
scales, tank