project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Vietnam General Discussion
22 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:Vietnam General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Vietnam modification.

Old 2014-08-06, 05:40   #1
Daniel
Banned
Supporting Member
Exclamation Put M40 rifle as sniper kit, and scoped M14 as marksman, as realistic

As title says. cause atm. a scoped M14 is the sniper rifle, but in Vietnam war they had M40 (as seen in BF vietnam and Bad Company 2 Vietnam).
Last edited by Daniel; 2014-08-06 at 05:58..
Old 2014-08-06, 06:53   #2
RedWater
Supporting Member

In BF Vietnam they also had M16 with scope as "sniper"-class. Must be super - realistic, please add it as Alt-marksman. Kthxbye
Old 2014-08-06, 08:59   #3
StevePl4y5
Default Re: Put M40 rifle as sniper kit, and M21 as marksman, as realistic

Daniel is right. During the Vietnam War the Remington Model 40x rifle became the USMC standard sniper rifle, designated M40.

Although I'm pretty sure it's the US Army that's represented in the mod right? In which case, the M21 would be the correct weapon system for the Sniper kit.
Old 2014-08-06, 10:41   #4
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

We indeed only have one Vietnam faction being the us army as far as I'm aware. For the USMC maps we simply use a texture suffix changing the us army skins to USMC as it wasn't worth it at the time to make separate factions for it.

Old 2014-08-06, 20:15   #5
Daniel
Banned
Supporting Member

Can sb. of the PR:V DEVs start including a Remington M40 model (maybe the one with permission from BF2 EOD Mod) and also scoped M16 (like in BF:V) ?
Old 2014-08-06, 21:25   #6
StevePl4y5

Well, if my understanding of BF2 modding is correct. All you really need to do (besides having the M40 model in the game) is copy the current sniper kit and make another replacing the M21 with the M40, and use that kit in the USMC maps instead of the M21 one.

Of course I'm just saying, don't take it as a suggestion or anything like that.
Old 2014-08-06, 22:11   #7
obpmgmua

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevePl4y5 View Post
Daniel is right. During the Vietnam War the Remington Model 40x rifle became the USMC standard sniper rifle, designated M40.

Although I'm pretty sure it's the US Army that's represented in the mod right? In which case, the M21 would be the correct weapon system for the Sniper kit.
I don't think it's better to merge the US forces into one team that contains all the shared equipment.

M21 for Marksman
M40 for Sniper
M60 for AR
Etc Etc....
Old 2014-08-07, 06:32   #8
Roque_THE_GAMER

im not know much about vietnam war but should the Stoner 63 be the LMG for the US marine and the M60 the HMG? sorry if i am talking bullshit.
Old 2014-08-07, 08:56   #9
StevePl4y5

Quote:
Originally Posted by obpmgmua View Post
I don't think it's better to merge the US forces into one team that contains all the shared equipment.

M21 for Marksman
M40 for Sniper
M60 for AR
Etc Etc....
That's not realistic tho. PR has always tried to keep the factions and assets correct on historical maps, and on Vietnam you got USMC and US Army maps, giving the M40 to the US Army is not realistic. And placing a mixed "USMC and US Army" force in all maps is not either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roque_THE_GAMER View Post
im not know much about vietnam war but should the Stoner 63 be the LMG for the US marine and the M60 the HMG? sorry if i am talking bullshit.
No, the Stoner 63 was used in limited numbers in Vietnam. Mostly used by SEALs and Marines.
Old 2014-08-07, 13:15   #10
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

The community is free to develop a standalone USMC Vietnam faction. Not that much work but we are busy with other things.

Tags
kit, m21, m40, marksman, put, realistic, rifle, sniper