project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2018-12-18, 12:18   #1
Graysun
Supporting Member

Default Realistic WW2 Update

Lets be real here pr's pop is very low and ww2 has been worked on for who knows how long. I literally played "what i thought was an almost finished" ww2 like 3 years ago?? Honestly that was all just as playable as vietnam currently is so why not throw that + whatever else is finished into an update and boost the playerbase. Vietnam only has a few maps and from what WW2 I played YEARS ago it was pretty much the same amount of content as vietnam is finished. This could significantly help PR especially during the holiday season when many people have spare time. I understand that the team wants WW2 very clean upon release, but is it worth the price of releasing it when there is no one left to play it? Releasing a 6/10 WW2 during the holiday season will have a much bigger impact than releasing a 9/10 WW2 early 2019. I personally don't care about WW2 but it is a very strategic move for PR's life at this point.
Graysun is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-18, 16:32   #2
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Realistic WW2 Update

We have another opinion, no.

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-18, 20:52   #3
Graysun
Supporting Member

Must be much bigger than I expect then, compared to vietnam how much ww2 content is expected?
Old 2018-12-18, 21:36   #4
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

While it should be obvious that the upcoming v1.6 release will be 10 times the new content and 100 times the work put into it that Vietnam was to anyone, if it's not try to figure that out for yourself even knowing only what the BETA had.

Do also consider that we don't do this work just because we want to release it and make everyone happy. We do it because we like to mod, and we like to mod until things work just right. And we like to mod as much as we can. For many we enjoy modding more then playing PR. We mod until we are happy with it. And also cause it usually means less bugs to fix afterwards which isn't as fun. We don't like releasing things that are buggy and broken (insert many new posts 'what about this , this is broken'). And yes if we would release v1.6 at this point it would be broken. We work until something is feature complete. Whether that is a gameplay change, map, a faction or a big release.

Sure it has taken way longer then we ever wanted ourselves, but that won't change the fact that this release will only happen once it's done. That was the plan always, and isn't changing. And what defines done, is something only we can see as a team

Last edited by Mineral; 2018-12-18 at 21:42..
Old 2018-12-18, 22:12   #5
Graysun
Supporting Member

Okay, i appreciate the info.

Tags
realistic, update, ww2