project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2023-06-23, 13:33   #1
Crylink
Lightbulb Quality of Life suggestions

1 - Red rally marker -> LZ marker
Change the current red circle you can mark as enemy rally points to the text "LZ".
you have more chances winning the lottery than seeing an enemy rally point.

This change will ease coordination between Trans and INF squads.

2 - Add sounds to wounded(incapacitated) soldiers
Instead of having to scream medic on local voip for 3 minutes(which annoys people greatly)
add the breathing sound to revivable wounded soldiers to mitigate the need to scream on local "medic medic medic medic medic".

this could get annoying if there are multiple wounded at the same spot so I further suggest to lower the volume of the breathing to help with that, that also helps distinguish between 2 wounded soldiers at the same area if one is incapacitated and the other isnt.

3 - Show next map on PR-SPY
Ever seen the server you enjoy playing in on a map you dislike?
Well the addition of showing which map is due to be next on PRSPY will be useful for those people who have long loading times and dont want to spend 5 minutes joining the server only to find out the next map is not to their liking.

4 - Repair station rearms smoke launchers on vehicles
Having to RTB ONLY for smoke launchers in tanks is annoying and if repairs stations rearmed them it wouldnt be as game breaking as rearming the whole tank ammo.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unrelated to QOL
############
5 - add deviation when suppressed to encourage suppression gameplay.
Crylink is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-27, 16:09   #2
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Quality of Life suggestions

1. Expanding the marker system is something we are considering, but right now no one is working on it actively. You can always have a go at it yourself, e.g. by designing icons, changing the UI or implementing the code.
That being said, to me a LZ marker would be one of the less important ones. I have no issues coordinating with pilots and if they drop in wrong location it usually is not due to lack of communication, but pilot errors.

2. If we add a sound, it would likely not be able to differentiate between wounded and dead-dead. E.g. right now there already exists a bug where the low HP sound continues to play while wounded and it continues even when going dead-dead.

3. This is already an option that servers do not use.

4. Selective rearming like that is not possible right now.

5. Maybe, but we have other plans for suppression first.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-27, 19:17   #3
Crylink

6 - Add rearm/repair complete sound
example : When standing by a crate rearming your ammo box, play a sound when the ammo box is rearmed
example1:When repairing a vehicle in main, play a sound when the repair is complete.
Crylink is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-28, 05:27   #4
cabalistik

Definitely agree with #1. Even if you do see a rally point, then why would you mark it if you can just disable it by coming close to it. If it is far away then just put a infantry mark somewhere close to it. LZ mark on the other hand would be super useful.
cabalistik is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-28, 11:18   #5
VTRaptor

I've been dropped to a wrong grid too many times already, so I use the rally marker for heli LZ/crate drop. It helps inexperienced pilots who on top of that do not get a marker from their SL. It also gives much clarity that sometimes is lost to miscommunication/lack thereof.

The existing "requesting supplies" mark could be made to appear on SL marker too.
VTRaptor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-01, 09:54   #6
Grump/Gump.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crylink View Post
[U]\
Unrelated to QOL
############
5 - add deviation when suppressed to encourage suppression gameplay.
This is my favorite suggestion here. So many times I am shooting at somebody that would naturally be flinching from bullet fragmentation and impact surface spall.

You got FIBS factor and FIBSA factor. "Fudge I've Been Shot" or "Fudge I'm Being Shot At". Those 2 reactions play in combative scenarios.

Too often they sit there aiming perfectly even while actively getting hit, bullets impacting near or bullets flying by. Only while aimed down sights or scope should suppression effect the deviation, as we can't see hip fire deviation anyways.

In order it should go "Getting hit---> At or near 80%-100% Maximum Deviation... Bullets impacting near ---> 20%-80% Deviation at 1-5 meters.... Bullets flying by with no nearby impact ---> Deviation no more than 20%." With corresponding reset speeds.

Bleeding out should cause increased deviation relevant to amount of health. 99% health should be 99% deviation.

Imagine having broken bones and bullet wounds while trying to fire a rifle or machine gun.
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-01, 11:18   #7
Danesh_italiano
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

For those wanting more deviation/suppression, just go play Squad????!

I only know that I know nothing. Só sei que nada sei. Sólo sé que no sé nada. So solo di non sapere nulla. Tantum scio me nihil scire. Je sais seulement que je ne sais rien. Tiedän vain, etten tiedä mitään. Ich weiss nur dass ich nichts weiss. Ek weet net dat ek niks weet nie. Wiem tylko, ?e nic nie wiem. Heoi ko ahau anake e mohio ana kahore au e mohio. Ngiyazi kuphela ukuthi angazi lutho.
Danesh_italiano is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-02, 20:22   #8
dcm1

No suppression, no more deviation! I'm sick of missing my rightful shots as it is! I do not want to go back to PR .7 gun mechanics. Where you could not hit the broad side of a barn, inside the barn.

But if I may make a suggestion. I would love for more types of vehicles to drop field repairs. Such as; transport choppers(all types), and FSA logistics vans.
dcm1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-04, 01:16   #9
Grump/Gump.45

Deviation is kind of janky. I wish it was synced up relevant to weapon sway or the direction body is turning, especially firing from the hip.

With iron sights I have very little issue with the cone of fire. When scoped in, when I am missing, I use what I call "shot determination" to compensate. The deviation is very cone like, bullet can hit anywhere in the circle, so I hit left, middle and right of the scope reticule. Shooting harder and faster.

First guy to get a shot on target ALMOST always wins. It would be harder to animate a body jolting from getting hit in first person view, but from the 3rd person view point I see people jolt back.

A man can withstand bullets flying past, its down to individual level of fear physical reactions that would make his shooting stance unstable. Starting with heart rate and the flinch of having rounds fly right past you. No more than 10%-20% deviation, if any at all. Hardest to do because coding deviation reaction to bullets snapping close by an invisible sphere field around the body to detect it, then increasing deviation depending on how close it snapped by.

The second is bullets impacting nearby, the suppression blur is the eyes squinting to protect from bullet fragments and spalling of surfaces. Mostly if its to your side or if you are facing the impact. You can't see well through the blur anyways. Easier to do, make suppression blur to reflect upon deviation depending how close the round impacted, but would require similar detection sphere around the body. But there is actual blur feedback to match it to.

There should be a slight deviation penalty for each shot impacting close to you. Example: In an apartment room, looking out at one angle, bullet flies into the room. You would either flinch to bail away or move to get a view on the bullets trajectory source. Either way you flinch, then move your body.

Easiest to do, make deviation reflect health percentage, plus the existing decreasing bullet damage over distance, then even more advanced make the bodies deviation jolt reflect caliber you were shot with.

A .303 or 7.62x54mmR has you at 90-99% health anyways if you survive, depending on distance

Then last, getting hit with a bullet. You have the actual impact knocking you. You have the bleeding out which IRL would be due to loss of blood flow and oxygen to the brain. Lightheadedness, fading vision, cold from blood loss, shaking, shock and weird intoxicated thoughts (I had an episode of Vasovagal Syncope earlier this year, experienced fading vision).

Its hard to fight through this, aside from fading vision or suppression blur, incoming bullets should affect deviation. This would lead to problems with any shooting stance once bleeding, on top of the bodies structural damage pains.

People sit there bleeding out, killing at distance as if nothing is wrong with them. People sit there shooting like bullets aren't impacting close, in a 50% chance of death situation on both sides seeing who can shoot who first. This would encourage going for the medic more as well as bailing away from gunfire on corners.
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-04, 19:36   #10
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcm1 View Post
No suppression, no more deviation! I'm sick of missing my rightful shots as it is! I do not want to go back to PR .7 gun mechanics. Where you could not hit the broad side of a barn, inside the barn.
Haven't checked in with the team in a while but I do not believe of the current members to be willing to go back to these times whatsoever.
If anything I personally believe aggression to be a tad too powerful at the moment, but then again I also believe a good defense having to incorporate movement as well. Both offensive and defensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcm1 View Post
But if I may make a suggestion. I would love for more types of vehicles to drop field repairs. Such as; transport choppers(all types), and FSA logistics vans.
Wouldn't be the first time this has been discussed, general sentiment was that chopper repairs would invalidate Logi truck ones entirely. So it's more like a restriction for gameplay's sake rather than people being unwilling. A solution would be to give choppers repair stations but only making them last for a few moments; enough to guarantee tracks/guns being repaired. Or to make their repair stations work much less quickly so that it helps against the effects of getting tracked but not remotely viable enough to have a crew repair back to full with any kind of confidence. Would alleviate a number of issues with tracked vehicles imo, and also help in keeping Logis at least somewhat relevant.
Piece of Advice: Rather than just having this be a footnote in a random thread with nobody really paying attention to it, pick this up where I left off, think about other pros/cons and what else this may be affected by alterations, and then create a new thread for it.

As for the FSA, the T-62 is the only true benefactor, but that one cannot - afaik - be disabled. Anything else the FSA usually has access to shares similar fates due to being much too fragile; sole exception is the BMP-1 (and 2?), imo.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
qol