project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2013-08-30, 07:24   #1
Riflewizard
Default sks recoil too extreme

SKS used to be one of my favorite rifles in game. New version of SKS looks great, but the recoil is whack. Please drop it down to a more realistic level, more akin to an AK47 or something. I'm getting in shootouts at 25 meters, and i fire one shot and i can't even see the enemy in my sight picture due to the vertical movement. I did some informal testing by shooting at walls, and at the very least it has a drastically higher recoil than the G3 or AK47. The fact it only holds 10 rounds and is semi auto, and has more recoil than either of the other weapons mentioned is severely nerfing it.
Riflewizard is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 19:33   #2
ComradeHX
Banned
Supporting Member
Default Re: sks recoil too extreme

Not to mention it has way less of a kick irl when compared to a 7.62 ak without any from of muzzlebrake.
ComradeHX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 21:42   #3
SpectrePR

The PR SKS belongs in a group of generalized recoil stats, not really unique to the gun itself. For example, some semi-auto rifles are set to use the same recoil stat as a resource for semi-auto rifles. The recoil for that stat is set relatively high, which is not very realistic when compared to an AK, but I believe intended for balance plus saving a heckalot of modding time.
SpectrePR is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 12:35   #4
Walmarx
Supporting Member

I agree Riflewizard. I love the Simonov, especially with the new model, but it is at present simply an inferior choice to any alternatives that may be available. It seems to me to be two parts recoil, one part sight-picture. Again, the new model is excellent, but the smaller scale of the iron sight geometries make target re-acquisition after blasting a 20mm AA shell out of your barrel slightly more involved

http://s2.postimg.org/zdxdhsts9/rrrrussia_sig_medium.jpg
Walmarx is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 21:30   #5
Bogatyr
Supporting Member

Yeah it's not unusable but extremely annoying.

I now almost never use it when I play the insurgents because I can just choose G3 or AK.
Bogatyr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 05:14   #6
fatalsushi83

I completely agree. I loved the SKS in the previous version but I don't use it now because of the small sights and massive recoil. Would changing the sights require an entirely new model to be made?
fatalsushi83 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 14:10   #7
saamohod

I actually thought that the biggest SKS's problem was its awkward sights which prevented me from effective aiming and target re-acquisition after a shot. I seems to me its recoil can be compared to AK-47, but I may be wrong on this one. Still, its sights are the worst and I can't pinpoint what's actually wrong with them.
saamohod is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 16:31   #8
SANGUE-RUIM
Supporting Member

I dont use the SKS, PPSH41 or the Simonov because of that...
SANGUE-RUIM is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 16:43   #9
saamohod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ___sangue-ruim___ View Post
I dont use the SKS, PPSH41 or the Simonov because of that...
1. SKS and Simonov are the same thing. (SKS translates as Self-loading Carbine of Simonov).
2. PPSh41 is an excellent close range weapon.
saamohod is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 20:42   #10
obpmgmua

Quote:
Originally Posted by saamohod View Post
2. PPSh41 is an excellent close range weapon.
No it's not. It's recoil is too high for the amount of damage it does. I much prefer the AK74 due to the greater range, lower recoil, and higher damage. The AK47, SKS, & RPK have the same problem. The problem persists with almost all militia, taliban, & Insurgent weapons.

Btw I don't see anymore AK weilding insurgents nowadays. Most people prefer the G3, 870 or Lee-Enfield, Because the AKs just plain suck now.
obpmgmua is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
extreme, recoil, sks