project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Aircraft Tactics
25 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2011-04-10, 13:53   #1
Nitneuc
Supporting Member

Default Talking about SOFLAM

Hey guys,
I use to play a lot as SL and try to use CAS requests as often as I can and as long as attack choppers/jets are available.
Most of times, things works properly, I'm able to make the laser stick to the target/area wanted then properly mark it on the global map. On the opposite, it's sometimes a real pain to mark things with SOFLAM, the laser box either stick for a couple of seconds only, then disappears or in the worst case, isn't appearing at all, no matter where you click.

Two days ago, I was on Kashan, on the roof of a bunker aiming to lase a BMP-3 600m away to the West. I tried like 20 times to get it painted but my SOFLAM wasn't generating laser box at all. I gave up frustrated, an other SL aiming from a different location managed to do it properly on his first try and a GBU obliterated the vehicle.

I'm wondering why it pretty much always work like a charm with a few (frustrating) exceptions and if I can do something to make it work every times.

Thanks for your advices.

Many thanks to everyone involved in the making of the best videogaming experience ever !
Nitneuc is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 14:13   #2
dtacs
Supporting Member

Default Re: Talking about SOFLAM

It was generating the box, however the static in front of you was blocking it. Often you need to either stand higher or expose yourself a little bit more, and to you, the box will appear.

You'll lase it, notice that the box wasn't coming up, move around a bit so the terrain gets out of your vision and it will appear. An odd bug, but once you know of its existence it doesn't become an issue.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 19:23   #3
Nitneuc
Supporting Member

So the laser always stick even though you can't always see it ? Hmmm I don't know, in my particular case the pilot made a pass but couldn't lock the bomb, maybe he just missed it.

Many thanks to everyone involved in the making of the best videogaming experience ever !
Nitneuc is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 04:55   #4
Archerchef
Supporting Member

also make sure there isnt anything blocking your way. you might have to get more into the open to laze it because it might stick to the hill/cover your in.
Archerchef is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
soflam, talking