project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
23 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-19, 19:30   #1
JKJudgeX
Default AK-47 Accuracy... really?

So the next patch will, wait... DECREASE AK-47 accuracy?

Guys, seriously... it's already 10 times worse than it really is...

YouTube - AK47 M16 Comparison - part 1
M16 vs. AK-47...

M16 shows more accuracy, but, not by nearly the factor it's given in PR and other games... plus, a single round from an AK penetrates much better... plus, you have to factor in the different ammo types... using heavier, more penetrating M16 ammo, you will lose accuracy, using lighter, less penetrating AK-47 ammo, you will gain accuracy.

Pay attention to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TfoWHOTSvs

I use a similar setup, and the accuracy he is describing is just below 2 MOA, which is not impossible for an AK to achieve... I get close, myself, and I have a crappy AK...nothing that's available in Europe/middle east, like Yugos, Hungarians, Norincos, etc etc...

But anyway... yes, the M-16 is more accurate, but the accuracy of the AK in PR and most other games is HORRIBLY wrong... soldier fatigue/nervousness etc etc included.

The fact of the matter is that within 100 yards, it's negligible on a human sized target, out to 200 yards, barely noticeable, and at 300 yards it starts to matter more and more compared to the m-16/m-4 etc etc... then factor in various barrel lengths, optic configurations, ammo, etc... the case for making the AK that much less accurate is pretty weak until you get to 300+ yards.
Old 2009-05-19, 19:33   #2
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: AK-47 Accuracy... really?

its fine, I was sniping snipers off of USMC main on fallujah the other day, 3 seconds settle time and its bang on the money.

Old 2009-05-19, 19:35   #3
JKJudgeX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2B Rudd View Post
its fine, I was sniping snipers off of USMC main on fallujah the other day, 3 seconds settle time and its bang on the money.
It'll be fine when you can get a grouping even half as good as either of those youtube videos at 100 yards with the same shot delay used in the videos ( < 1 second)
Old 2009-05-19, 19:38   #4
Zimmer
Supporting Member

AK is the freaking sniper rifle dude.

People don't realize that autism doesn't mean they're "stupid". Just socially inept. Like rhino... > > or in a worst case scenario... Wicca. =)- Lithium fox
I found this sentence quite funny and since this is a war game forum I will put it here. No offense to the french just a good laugh.
"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an accordion. All you do is leave behind a lot of noisy baggage."
Old 2009-05-19, 19:39   #5
JKJudgeX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmer View Post
AK is the freaking sniper rifle dude.
I guess I'm gonna have to make a damned PR video to show you what I'm talking about.
Old 2009-05-19, 19:41   #6
hiberNative

the second youtube link seems to have been removed.

i've never shot an ak47, but from what i've understood, ammo has a noticeable effect on grouping. i've also understood that there's a slight difference comparing top shelf ammunition in western stores through a gun you might own.

now visualize maltreated ak47s with old surplus or leftover ammunition from the afghan war ;P
Old 2009-05-19, 19:45   #7
Ace42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKJudgeX View Post
It'll be fine when you can get a grouping even half as good as either of those youtube videos at 100 yards with the same shot delay used in the videos ( < 1 second)
Deviation in BF engine games is handled by several variables. Upping the AK-47's base deviation (it's best level of accuracy), along with increasing the prone multiplier would make it harder to "snipe" with it - and that would let you LOWER the fire-dev increments so that groupings are tighter.
Old 2009-05-19, 19:46   #8
Jedimushroom
Supporting Member

AK-47 in 0.856 has the exact same deviation values as every other assault rifle in the entire game.

In 0.86 will be altered, as it is not accurate to the real world.

That answer your question?

"God will strike him down when he checks his email and sees young Fighter has turd burgling tendancies. Could you imagine going to church knowing your son takes it up the wrong 'un?" - [R-Dev]Gaz on 'Fighter137'
Old 2009-05-19, 19:46   #9
Cheditor

Well in real life AK-47s dont have that much range, they use a higher calibre round meaning the bullet doesnt go as far. AKs is a beast at close range, does more damage, it doesnt need the range.
Old 2009-05-19, 19:47   #10
AquaticPenguin

In PR the ak's do a lot more damage than all the NATO guns. Yes they may be inaccurate but you shouldn't be engaging enemies out to 300 metres or so. Besides, PR != RL, in PR the distances are smaller and so everything has to be scaled down a bit. Also, if you use the AK47 up close and personal it completely rips them to shreds.

Insurgents are strong at ambushes + really quite crap at firefights. If you want to be effective on insurgency then get a couple of friends and wait for a nice convoy to come into your killzone.
Closed Thread

Tags
accuracy, ak47