project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > Polish Forces
12 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Polish Forces Discussion pertaining to the PR Polish Forces faction.

Old 2012-12-18, 00:02   #1
CTRifle
Retired PR Developer

Default [Texture] GPBO

Hey guys, did this texture for ddeo for the GPBO nade launcher still WIP but close to done I think, havent done normal maps or any of that yet. Still have to add the scratches on some edges. Also does anyone know where I can get the markings for the scope for distance?

Old 2012-12-18, 09:13   #2
ddeo
Retired PR Developer
Default Re: [Texture] GPBO

We are working on it CTRifle. Bagno actually send an email with question about photo of GPBO's ironsight to our friendly polish unit. Waiting for response, in the meanwhile lets fix what we can. These a photo references we have from web (without the ironsights of course):
(NGO-N, NGD-N)

and small gallery:
Army military defence industry military technology pictures photos images online video pdf magazine digital database data sheet

I think you will have to fix the grenades head (different color) and add some more details to the grenade launcher itself (not only scratches) - there are little holes missing I think. Also not whole barrel is darker, take a closer look.

uv grid: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/88194181/Zd...bo40unwrap.png
Old 2012-12-18, 21:38   #3
Spush
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Should look into using Marmoset Toolbag to help see you're textures. From the looks of it, looks kinda flat, probably due to no proper way of rendering the normals and specular maps. There definitly needs some more "color" in the greys. Take a read/watch Racer445's tutorial on texturing along with Millenia's texturing video. Definitely some good pointers in there.

Racer445's sword texturing tutorial

Old 2012-12-18, 22:00   #4
CTRifle
Retired PR Developer

Yea its not my model and he hasn't done any normal maps and such. Ill take a look at the video as well and what do you mean more color? As in more shades or gray on it?

Last edited by [R-DEV]CTRifle; 2012-12-18 at 22:32..
Old 2012-12-18, 22:43   #5
Spush
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Well when dealing with textures for metal, usually there's hints of blue, or red. They're are very lightly done but can be seen and will give off a better detail. Next would be brushes, or use image sources from cgtextures.com to give it more detail. To do that just layer on top of layer, erase and change opacity to give more detail. I could go in better detail but I guess I can show you what I mean.

http://i.imgur.com/U5wli.jpg

Old 2012-12-18, 22:55   #6
CTRifle
Retired PR Developer

Oh alright I see it, and for the brushes/things from CG are the scratches and extra details your talking about?

Last edited by [R-DEV]CTRifle; 2012-12-18 at 23:02..
Old 2012-12-18, 23:22   #7
Spush
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTRifle View Post
Oh alright I see it, and for the brushes/things from CG are the scratches and extra details your talking about?
Yeah, if you want I can give you my brush set that I use.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20471348/com..._10_9_2012.abr

Old 2012-12-18, 23:25   #8
CTRifle
Retired PR Developer

yea thanks, Ill post my results from all this \

EDIT: So I need a color texture, normal map and specular right?

Last edited by [R-DEV]CTRifle; 2012-12-19 at 01:29..
Old 2012-12-19, 17:03   #9
Adriaan
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Normal isn't needed if there's nothing you want to put in there, other than that yeah colour/diffuse and spec.

Old 2013-04-24, 18:30   #10
CTRifle
Retired PR Developer

Sorry for taking so long, other projects came school yadda yadda but here it is, done to me but I'm sure there is feedback on what to fix/improve/change which is great

See the rest of my pictures + textures are there as well here http://imgur.com/a/ut5Vv#0

EDIT: low res, Ill re render everything in HQ

Tags
gpbo, texture