project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2024-06-24, 09:59   #1
waldov

Default Stalingrad + eastern front maps

Possibly the most beautiful and detailed map to grace PR ever. I just wanted to put out something positive for whoever helped make this map possible. Not an inch of terrain is left untouched: trenches, foxholes, craters, sparse vegetation, darkly beautiful, bombed out Brutilist structures, factories and ransacked villages, uneven terrain full of all the little depressions, elevations and nooks and cranny's that really bring a map alive. The summer and winter versions offer plenty of unique atmosphere of their own.

It complements the PR:WW2 experience so well I can actually see WW2 finally getting the regular treatment it deserves in map rotations, even once the hype dies down a bit.

I haven't played all the new WW2 maps yet, but what I've seen so far follows a similar standard. It feels like you're playing a different game on lots of these new Eastern front maps. The balance has been nailed perfectly and it finally has the chance to offer its own unique flow instead of feeling like regular PR, just with slower vehicles and nefed guns.

1.8 looks to be shaping up as one of the best releases in years, thanks to all the devs and map makers, awesome job!
waldov is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-24, 10:25   #2
[R-DEV]​Ason
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Stalingrad + eastern front maps

Thank you for the kind words, i must say it's motivating to hear some positive things also
I'm happy you like the update!

Ason is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-24, 10:37   #3
robert357

Indeed it's nice map. It have that nice Red Orchestra 1 feeling. However it is heavy for older hardware.
robert357 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-24, 10:42   #4
[R-DEV]​Ason
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert357 View Post
Indeed it's nice map. It have that nice Red Orchestra 1 feeling. However it is heavy for older hardware.
I've already made some changes that hopefully will improve fps a bit, in next patch.

Ason is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-24, 11:27   #5
axytho
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ason View Post
Thank you for the kind words, i must say it's motivating to hear some positive things also
I'm happy you like the update!
Yeah, there's an extreme beauty in all the new maps. The shaders, lighting, new buildings,... it's almost too much to take in.

Thanks so much for all the effort DEV team!
axytho is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-07-01, 01:58   #6
dcm1

Stalingrad Skirmish is my new favorite map
dcm1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-07-20, 09:19   #7
SmokyMcPot

I'm laying awake with auditory hallucinations of a ticking metronome and a voice saying "Stalingrad... Massengrab". 10/10 map.
SmokyMcPot is offline Reply With Quote