project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
21 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2023-04-25, 21:36   #1
dcm
Default Zakho dutch armor sucks

The dutch team is vastly outgunned by mec armor on the map. 3x .50 cal aint nothing compared to a 14.5mm mg, 30mm auto cannon, and a 76mm cannon. Yes the dutch apcs can technically kill the mec armor. But the mec armor is so much stronger, that they dont even need to be the ones who open fire first. The dutch have zero amphibious apcs. The mec have two. The mec armor is smaller and more easily hidden. The boxer and crows are too big, too visible, too easily killed by armor and rockets. And the fennec is just a piece of shit.

Please nerf the mec armor. Or buff the dutch armor.

I'd either swap out the beast mtlb for a .50 cal mtlb. Because the beast is the most op. Or give the dutch a proper third apc. The cv90 to compete with the scorpion and beast. Leave the dutch crows, because the mec already have plenty of jeeps.

P.S. Unfuck the fennec.
dcm is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-26, 09:01   #2
axytho
Supporting Member
Default Re: Zakho dutch armor sucks

I'm pretty sure the point of the map is that 2 chinooks >>> some logis/mtp-lb's but MEC armor > Dutch armor.
axytho is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-26, 15:57   #3
Crylink

I get your point but armour is horrible in urban maps.
Crylink is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-26, 18:14   #4
VTRaptor

Honestly I'd put tanks on this map.
VTRaptor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-26, 21:13   #5
dcm

Tanks could work. But that wont solve the apc problem. Especially the fennek. Fuck the fennek. It's such a piece of shit. I'd rather take the m113 shitbox over the fennek.
Old 2023-04-29, 15:10   #6
Grump/Gump.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crylink View Post
I get your point but armour is horrible in urban maps.
It comes down to tactics. I think of this one time on Gaza AAS as IDF, the whole Hamas rushed our first Market Flag just west of the Mike 7-9 road. I think of it every time I am taking a big nasty dump, because we had control with the machine gun pre-fire sweeps all around 360 degrees, it sooths my mind. We needed all 50 of our guys in the cap edge. All of our APCs were in view of each other including the repair APC as armor medic.

All in view of each other, scan aggressively high and low, far and close, 1-3 seconds each direction, pre-firing when something is there and you don't know it will psychologically suppress them for 1-3 seconds plus put stress on the motor and mental function of acquiring target who is showing dominance on the corner.

It does so many things, use empathy towards your enemy or other peoples experiences in general in relation to what they have to do and what is being done to them. They might think the enemy knows they are there either as a strong belief or possibility in their mind, gives them some environmental input to think about. Its that little delay. You can plan accurate manipulation possibilities and anticipate the response of those engaging and their support they use to counter you. Know your enemy as you know yourself, you know what feelings bullets give you even when they miss, use those feelings on your enemy. Applies many more ways to know your enemy.

Urban corners are a bit different from a wide tree line target zone of bushes, still can be swept the same way. I view urban warfare as a solid jungle with more vertical shooting spots. You need a .50 cal to shoot through concrete fence walls, which not all corners are.

Ill list Urban and rural firing positions

Urban
1. Corners
2. Windows
3. Roof tops
4. under vehicles
5. doorways
6. Balconies
7. From behind clothes lines
8. Market Tarps
9. Garages
10. Surrounding terrain of city

Rural firing positions

1.) Bushes
2.) Tree trunks
3.) Tree tops
4.) Abandoned civilian equipment
5.) Grassy fields
6.) Hill defilade
7.) micro terrain defilade
8.) Isolated(1 or few) buildings

Ok, so now we know the places they can be, which is where they are. If terrain permits, aim height of a man, sweep and double sweep deep. Doing this alone, all that shooting will isolate and highlight you as a target even with your whole team in view. So everyone must do their share of grabbing enemy attention as a devastating distraction. 1 machine gunner goes down fast, 4 or more takes a while.

Its not just showing up together you need, that just makes it take longer for enemy to kill targets cause there is more. Every kind of cover and concealment needs to be swept at height of a man on the sweep and double sweeps.

Scan aggressively, the RPG isn't doing what you imagine as a new player, unless you imagine him seeing or hearing the APC for a second, prepping the RPG then firing for 1 second. You have 3-5 seconds or less to get him. Get him if you can, but don't be so pressed to get him you wait till he peeks to shoot him. Shoot before you see him, pre-fire, preventative fire.

We parked on the street and the Hamas were only on corners, rooftops and windows of areas we couldn't occupy out of cap.

We did slowly lose assets, can't remember at which points. I can't completely prevent casualties through my teachings, but I can reduce and anticipate them.

I am not against any wild ideas or tactics, there is a right overwhelming way to do everything safely, but it must be done the safest way. Refer to my Omaha beach post here, use the most of what is given to you. I don't care what weapons I am given, I like a challenge. Even men just going over open ground with no micro terrain in human waves towards enemy defensive positions. Without smoke grenades, dust, fire, explosions. Just a clear visual target zone of every man from head to toe, going prone is a big thing, only thing keeping you alive is being smaller target at distance and the enemy missing which you can make happen.

The way to do that is to make the enemy miss, left to right movement forward with enough space to zig zag and squiggly run without bunching up for machine gun sweeps or launched/planted explosives. If you get shot at you bring that fire away from your friendlies, stay alive to waste enemy time, attention, ammo and other target opportunities. If you aren't getting shot at you are doing some form of prone or otherwise shoot and scoot so not to be a easy target, you might just un-intentionally scoot out of the way of an enemies aim at the right second. Not to be layered in formation so men are killed by bullets coming through the front man.
Last edited by Grump/Gump.45; 2023-05-04 at 23:51..
Old 2023-04-29, 18:44   #7
dcm

I just played zakho last night.

Man what a travesty. Even thought we Mecsicans won the round. I felt bad for dutch armor. They were mostly kept in check on the north side of the map. They did not have the firepower to challenge our armor outright. Nor the means to travel down south and bring the fight to us. Because every bridge was either mined or watched by anti-tank rocket men.

P.S. The map needs more layers. IDF vs Hamas would be nice. And FSA vs Insurgents on insurgency would also be fun.
Old 2023-05-05, 00:05   #8
Grump/Gump.45

Fast planning. Aside from all .50 cal APCs together in one asset hit per artillery attack formation spread. Ill make a video on how to dance to make enemy miss, so you stay alive, keep getting shot at, holding their attention, wasting their time and ammo on one isolated target.

1 man hit per tank shell spread formation criteria. On top of 1 man seen in enemy armors scope view formation, even if he put you on the edge of his scope to scan, he should not see a second man.

Apply the dance to infantry, vehicles, assume you are seen, don't wait to be shot at to confirmed, never sit still because they can easily take time to aim. Make them miss. Make your brain be a combat computer that sees through fog of war by taking in information from sound, visual, direction, distance and other sources of information to find opportunities to try something for your team. Get shot at stay alive.

This is the mindset required once this 1st phase is established amongst the whole team.

Phase 2, build 2 simultaneous coordinated synchronized TOW 200-400+ meters apart. But squad leaders need to run the line of final cover before contact, placing HMG/AA first as decoys. Place a foxhole behind each asset to raise the dirt a bit to prevent identification of the asset. MEC doesn't have thermals for the most part, build a wall of smoke, LAT covers for close pushes.

Trans must line the final piece of terrain cover with crates for the LAT/HAT/TOW. Use terrain, speed and low altitude for safe approach and exit. Down to the DOD edge.
Last edited by Grump/Gump.45; 2023-05-05 at 00:13..
Old 2023-05-05, 18:59   #9
Brotherscompany

I have to agree the Dutch armour feels way worse than MEC but guess this is one of those maps you dont get a even ground and you have to play to your strengths instead of wishing the game to be balanced.

Armour in this map gets LATed so they arent such a huge threat unless they stay on the main road. The only concern is the big open space between Dutch main base and the last flag there should be more cover and terrain because APCs can simply you prevent your team from playing if they camp DoD

The Dutch have 2 Chinooks and gives them crazy mobility and possibility to set up FOBs behind enemies lines forcing APCs back into urban combat. The Boxer can shoot over walls while the MEC APCs have their cannon in lower positions, by itself l think this is perfectly design even though MEC APCs can shred the Dutch APCs.

My only suggestion is to give Netherlands 2 APCs instead of 1 and probably remove the Phenek as it will only be used by Asset whores to farm kills away from the team, and giving a more even fighting chance on APC warfare.

Overall lm really satisfied on how the map plays, its unbalanced sure but one team has strength and weakness compared to the other
Brotherscompany is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-09, 01:41   #10
dcm

Blufor having two chinooks does not automatically mean that opfor should be gifted with such overpowered armor. If killing choppers is the main reason why opfor is so blessed with armor, then a shilka or even a zeus truck would suffice in place of either the mtlb 30mm (beast) or fv101.

Personally I'd rather keep things as they are and just swap out one of the dutch apcs with a cv90. I hate the fennek, but maybe it be too op to have the cv90 take it's place. Maybe the boxer? If the crows is swapped out for a cv90. Then you'd have to give dutch some jeeps. Something to compete with the dzik. Dont have to be .50 cal though. If there is no .30 cal dutch jeep equivalent then you must give both factions .50 cal jeeps.