project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
18 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2008-03-20, 02:07   #1
Dunehunter
Retired Moderator
Supporting Member

Default Spambots

When you notice a spambot, please, please don't reply to it. Report it, pm a moderator or admin who is online, but don't give it any attention. That'll just get us more of them. Thank you.

[R-MOD]Jigsaw] I am drunk. I decided to come home early because I can''t realy seea nyithng. I hthknk i madea bad choicce.
Dunehunter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 02:09   #2
Waaah_Wah
Banned

Not to sound like a "noob" but, wtf is a spambot really?
Waaah_Wah is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 02:12   #3
PantlessMidget

Like when someone or something made an account here to advertise shoes. A spambot is basically a program that makes a forum account or just any other kind of account automatically and advertises something (spam)
PantlessMidget is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 02:28   #4
Airsoft
Retired PR Developer

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10...-handbags.html
Airsoft is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 02:30   #5
Dunehunter
Retired Moderator
Supporting Member

That's the specific thread that caused me to make this one. I understand that it's tempting to use it as a temporary spam thread, but please show some constraint.

[R-MOD]Jigsaw] I am drunk. I decided to come home early because I can''t realy seea nyithng. I hthknk i madea bad choicce.
Dunehunter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 03:34   #6
Tef

Yeah so is it a possibility to make like a question when you register that asks you what the site is dedicated to. I have seen it implemented on other sites to hinder spambots.
Tef is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 03:46   #7
GeZe
Retired PR Developer

Why aren't you deleting the spam threads but just locking them?

GeZe is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 06:23   #8
Wasteland

Default DO NOT POST IN SPAM BOT THREADS

If users post in spam bot threads, I will begin issuing infractions to the offenders for "useless/unhelpful post content".
Last edited by Wasteland; 2008-03-20 at 17:57..
Old 2008-03-20, 16:45   #9
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Sorted.

As DH said - please use the "report this post" option to let us know about spam threads without responding to them.

GeZe: Anyone with moderation rights can click on the tick-box for the OP in a spam thread, then select the "Delete as Spam" option from the drop down moderation menu.

This gives us the awesome ability to delete the post, any other posts that user has made (thus deleting any spam threads started), and then permaban them, all in one screen.

It's pretty fun

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." - Washington Post
Masaq is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 18:14   #10
Airsoft
Retired PR Developer

sorry be a noob but where exactly is the report post button? Ususally on other forums it an exclaimation point under the post but i didnt find one.
Airsoft is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bot, post, spam, threads