project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
19 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2010-07-13, 02:31   #1
a0jer
Default Wounded state and revive timer

As the game is now, if you are shot enough to be killed you become an invincible ragdoll for 5 minutes or until a friendly medic sticks you with adrenalin. I believe this system is unrealistic and forces bizarre gameplay and tactics that have no base in reality.

Here is my suggestion to remove the ragdoll revive system.

Increase black & white bleed out time to roughly 120 seconds either by slowing bleeding down or by increasing total health by 25-50% but the extra health is only "black & white" time (diagram yo).

Decrease 'wounded' ragdoll time to 30 seconds

That is 150 seconds in total, 2 and a half minutes in which you should find a medic, less if you are shot while you are 'b&w wounded' you should be hiding in cover or dropping smoke.

I believe this would increase the use of the medic bag while keeping epipens for use only as a last resort. It would also add a sort of urgency to being shot or wounded as I hate bleeding out, and I imagine lonewolf anti-squad players do to, so if this encourages people to hang around with medics and squads then it has to be a good thing right?

Positives: (that i can think of)
You would have the ability to pick up 'b&w wounded' soldiers in a transport to be treated further away from fighting.

'b&w wounded' soldiers can crawl to a medic

A 'b&w wounded' insurgent would be arrestable, rather than left on the ground as a 'wounded' ragdoll. As long as he doesn't hear you coming and drop a grenade on himself.

it would be possible to kill other players and be 100% certain they will not be revived minutes after you have moved past them.

Negatives: (that i can think of)
Increasing b&w time does not increase deviation so if a player had his sights on the enemy when he was shot he can continue to fire somewhat accurately despite being blinded.

People will complain about not getting 5 minutes to be revived, my advice to them would be: try not to get shot in the first place.

I hope this suggestion is received better than my last block of text, I put a lot of thought into this and hopefully it isn't all hardcoded impossible to implement stuff. PR is a very immersive game and I love playing it, but every time I have to waste time camping a group of ragdolls it completely kills the immersion.
a0jer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 03:11   #2
Ccharge
Default Re: Wounded state and revive timer

I think what we have now is good. 30 seconds of revive time is to low. While yes, increasing the B&W time will give a chance of the medic bag being used more, I find it more realistic that they spend time in the wounded state. This is more realistic due to the fact that a soldier who has been shot up enough will not be able to go on a merry walk back to the medic. Arma's system is perfect in my eyes but we can't have that in this. (decreased accuracy, slower walking, etc)
Ccharge is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 03:35   #3
a0jer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccharge View Post
I find it more realistic that they spend time in the wounded state. This is more realistic due to the fact that a soldier who has been shot up enough will not be able to go on a merry walk back to the medic.

I assure you walking to a medic under fire while b&w is not a merry walk, it happens in the current version all the time. There's no reason not to walk to a medic because If you get shot again it doesn't matter, you are closer to the medic and you become an invincible ragdoll/listening post for the next couple of minutes until revive.
a0jer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 04:22   #4
TmanEd

Maybe a way to kill a ragdoll with a few more shots/a knife? Is it even possible?
TmanEd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 04:35   #5
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TmanEd View Post
Maybe a way to kill a ragdoll with a few more shots/a knife? Is it even possible?
you can do it with grenades, so I'm not sure.

the suggestion is interesting, however I would want the bleeding to remain where it is ingame as a wounded soldier should quickly have an impediment ingame, (blood on screen) iirc the bleed level is around 75% ingame currently.

keeping the bleed level high encourages soldiers ingame to disengage and find a medic rather than carry on shooting hoping that he was hit by a lucky shot.

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 20:37   #6
HAAN4

medic sistem will be not realistic in PR1, best luck in PR2 for good.
HAAN4 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 01:14   #7
ytman

I view the current system as an analogy of the 'victorious' side tending to its injured soldiers and 'reinforcing' the area. Rewarding the 'victors' by allowing revives (which leaves them open to counter attack) is important with how the game currently works. It is absolutely necessary to allow revives for a defending team since they lack a proper way of reinforcements, for the attackers it is equally necessary since they must be ready for the counter attack.

Its unrealistic, but really PR is unrealistic, its full of analogies of real war but doesn't attempt to be a sim. This is the nice balance we have. Yes, it is frustrating gunning down an entire squad only to find that they get revived, and yes I think a mechanic that allows the 'killing' of wounded soldiers more efficiently is needed... but I don't feel this is required.
ytman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 06:09   #8
Looy

I think there needs to be a way of finishing players off. AFAIK Only explosive damage hurts wounded players, so make the knife damage type explosive with 0 blast radius or something like that.
Looy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 15:21   #9
Ccharge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looy View Post
I think there needs to be a way of finishing players off. AFAIK Only explosive damage hurts wounded players, so make the knife damage type explosive with 0 blast radius or something like that.
Already been suggested, plus, have you ever heard of the geneva convention?
Ccharge is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 15:30   #10
Turner

Something you guys need to fiks(the key below s on my keyboard doesnt work lol)is that a headshot, should be a headshot. I dont get how you could be shot in the head, and then be revived.
Turner is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
revive, state, timer, wounded