project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-12, 07:47   #1
Merlin_under taker
Default Fast-roping

hello

Now i know there has been some talk on Fast roping in BF PR but can it be done....because there is ropes to get over buildings and such. What i mean is this

Fast-roping - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 2013-04-12, 14:23   #2
K4on
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Fast-roping

Hey Merlin_under taker

thanks for your suggestion and welcome to the PR forums!

Unfortunately your idea has been discussed multiple times already, so that is why I need to close this now.

Make sure to read and follow the instructions of this link next time, before you open any new suggestion threads in this section: https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18...ead-first.html

Cheers,
K4

Old 2013-04-13, 09:31   #3
Spec
Retired Moderator
Supporting Member

Default Re: Fast-roping

And for the record: It can not be done. Go and search for fast ropes via forum search and you'll find plenty of reasons and ideas; the grappling hook rope cannot simply be turned into a realistic fastrope. The best you'll get is being able to rope down from a completely stationary chopper with a buggy rope, and that already works right now.

Edit: I have been informed by the Development team that a certain work-around may in fact be theoretically possible, but not without its drawbacks, and is considered not worth attempting to implement. I stand corrected.

--- currently reduced activity ---
Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature!
Last edited by [R-MOD]Spec; 2013-04-14 at 00:07..
Closed Thread

Tags
fastroping