project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2023-04-12, 18:05   #1
Gerfand
Default Tanks and its Accuracy in PR

I was recently watchign a video from RedEffect where he was comparing the Challenger 2 to other Tanks in Ukraine... and this is where the politics ends.

In the video he said that Challenger 2, the ones being sent to Ukraine never got upgraded on the Fire Control part, with the tank only having a 1st Gen Thermals for the gunner, and no Commander CITV (Thermal for Commander)

Now I'm asking this because recently the only tanks I have played were T-72S on Kashan (since Brasilians only play desert maps), and Leopard 2A6 on Silent Eagle, and because I don't really have the will to lose because of a incompentent Infantry SL, I tend to gravitate to SL infantry squads and make a defense squad. but I want to know, how accurate are the Tanks in PR vs what they want to decipt, and also what are the Tanks they are trying to be, as in Year, since a M1A1 could go from no commander sight to actually having it

Also I know its a combo of Models and Balance, but with the introduction of T-72B3, why not make most tanks that have it, have unmanned MG turrets (considering work could be put into it)

So I gonna list a tanks and plz respond to me (both what is in game and if I'm wrong + about the ones I don't remember on top of my mind like Merkava)
From BlueFor:
Challenger 2 - Only Thermals for Gunner/ Thermals for both Gunner and Commander if "TES"
Leopard 2A6 - if I'm not wrong has both Commander and Gunner thermals
Leopard 2A4 - Only thermals for Gunner
Leclerc - I dunno really about this one
M1A2 Abrams - Both Gunner and Commander Thermals
M1A1 Abrams (for the Marines) - Only Thermals for Gunner and no sight for commander or sight for Commander with Thermals from the MG upgrade
Merkava - also not sure about this one
PT-91 - Thermals for both Gunner and Commander

From RedFor
T-72B/M and T-62 - No, lol
T-72B3 - Thermals for Gunners
T-72S - if this is trying to make what is essentially the Syrian T-72 TURMS-T, shouldn't it get Thermals for Commander as well (which ironically would make the best RedFor T-72, for sights at least)
T-90A - Thermals for Gunner only (Russia needs its T-90M if they want more Thermals lol)
ZTZ-99A - Thermals for both Gunner and Commander
Gerfand is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-12, 18:27   #2
InfantryGamer42
Default Re: Tanks and its Accuracy in PR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerfand View Post
T-72S - if this is trying to make what is essentially the Syrian T-72 TURMS-T, shouldn't it get
T-72S is export version of T-72B models. T-72M1S with TURMS-T is based of T-72M1 and T-72AV and we do not have that tank in game.
InfantryGamer42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-14, 16:31   #3
Gerfand

oh okay, so T-72S would be something like a T-72B with Thermals exported to Iran, not Turms... tho Turms would not be hard to make since Kontakt-1 Spawn on the T-72S already, just need a proper CITV, as the turret for T-72M and T-72B are the same from the outside.
Old 2023-04-15, 20:11   #4
Killer2354

btw, I would not use RedEffect for sourcing. I'd recommend that if you actually care for what the vehicles have to go look for sources yourself.
Killer2354 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-16, 01:13   #5
Gerfand

I'm not, But I do watch his content, I checked on some of those that I didn't remembered.
Only one I did was Abrams M1A1 because it was easier IMO.

He makes good content, but yes, its what third level source (not documents, primary or secondaries like articles).

Either way I just wanted to know the tanks I never had the oportunity to play with since again "desert maps", no
time, and Asset hoarders.