project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
09 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 2022-04-07, 04:21   #1
[R-COM]ismaelassassin
Chilean Forces 1978 Faction Lead

Default Move the arrow in the compass

I dont like the new compass arrow

Bring back the old one!!
ismaelassassin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-07, 04:31   #2
[R-COM]ismaelassassin

Default Re: Move the arrow in the compass

Ok now a bit more seriously The position of the arrow of the marker is too far out to the borders of the screen, the compass itself is easier to see in that very same position as it has more width and the eye also follows the incremental increase of the icons that ends up with the border of the screen itself, this has also made the compass be moved a bit higher now that the new arrow uses its old place, so not only is the arrow in a harder position to see but the compass itself, higher than before uses a more important location on the screen which essentially wastes that space to be used to actually see what you are playing and therefor reduces visibility, althought just a bit. Ideally, while playing, when you manually place a marker, its more important to see where the marker is rather than seeing the compass first and then the marker.
Last edited by ismaelassassin; 2022-04-07 at 15:48..
Old 2022-04-07, 05:52   #3
[R-COM]ismaelassassin

And well, if the closer it is to the center, the more important HUD icon should be closer to it too and be seen first, in this case, the arrow that is now less noticeable below the compass.

ismaelassassin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-08, 16:21   #4
Brotherscompany

I have to agree l guess it justs just a hold habit but the top actualy makes it slightly easier to be able to see the marker and where to move
Brotherscompany is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-26, 11:40   #5
Morrislee

I'm fine with the new compass but I want the old arrow back, the old version of arrow is easier to line up to the marker
Morrislee is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-27, 01:18   #6
WingWalker

I had no problem with the new compass, after about 30 seconds of using it I was totally used to seeing it.
WingWalker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-27, 02:23   #7
Coalz101

Actually newer arrow is easier to read cardinal points than the old one. before we use to be guessing -1 -2, now it's way easier and accurate. But I can agree than the actually ARROW (Not the ismael is talking about) is trash, it needs to be bigger or reshaped or something!
Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-27, 16:13   #8
ObeerBongKenobi
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingWalker View Post
I had no problem with the new compass, after about 30 seconds of using it I was totally used to seeing it.
just stop dude. Your account was created in 2020. most of us have been playing this for 10 years+. You have no problem with the changes cause you are fairly new. Imagine going to the same place every day before work to get your coffee and bagel etc. you have a relationship with this place. Its familiar. You like it. You don't want it to change. Then the owners decide to use different cups, and redecorate and change the menu and change the logo on the sign and start charging you more and change the ingredients in the bagel and coffee you've been having for the past 10 years. to "modernize" it. if you just moved into the neighborhood you might even like this new change. It looks new and trendy and it fits into the rest of your modern aesthetics and vision of what the future should be. For everyone else that has been loyal going there for years and years and made it grow they might feel a little betrayed.

=MeRk= DR.WANKENSTEIN
ObeerBongKenobi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-27, 18:47   #9
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeerBongKenobi View Post
just stop dude. Your account was created in 2020. most of us have been playing this for 10 years+.
Which means his opinion is no less valuable than yours. Mind the elitism please.
If moving the arrow is a betrayal, PR changes from 0.98 to 1.0 must've been very hard for you.

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-27, 19:33   #10
ObeerBongKenobi
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate. View Post
Which means his opinion is no less valuable than yours. Mind the elitism please.
If moving the arrow is a betrayal, PR changes from 0.98 to 1.0 must've been very hard for you.
No elitism here. I'm just trying to make a point that the game was fine and some things are better left alone. Take the qwerty keyboard layout for an example. I suppose that should be changed too. Maybe switch the brake pedal and the accelerator on cars and trucks from left to right from right to left while you're at it.

=MeRk= DR.WANKENSTEIN
ObeerBongKenobi is offline Reply With Quote