project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > African Resistance Fighters
10 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
African Resistance Fighters Discussion pertaining to the African Resistance Fighters (ARF) faction.

Old 2011-09-23, 17:00   #1
Redamare
Supporting Member

Exclamation How Africa will help PR grow

I just voted a second time after the faction update on "what is your favorite unreleased faction" thread. I found i had some pretty strong feelings for this faction because there are aspects about it that can help the Game of project reality grow out of its " Were going to go kill terrorists phase". there are a bunch of applications that this faction can give to Project reality.

Real fast here is the post i had on the Favorite faction thread to sum up a few things real fast.

Quote:
"my vote is the ARF because the concept on its own has so much potential.. Africa vs French Africa vs GB Africa Vs MEC : AFRICA VS AFRICA?!? . .. yes and you know its true. that faction is also a good candidate for a secondary Insurgency version for maps like the Somalian coast map. and maps in general have a rich source of interesting landscapes and forests , savannas. The other factions YES are great but i feel that african resistance faction should be sort of top priority since it can help Expland the game more ... opposed to throwing more factions into the same game -SHELL- ". . .
When you think about it ARF can expand on insurgency to the extent of being able to possible COMBINE insurgency and AAS. Having to fight over certain locations on top of destroying the enemies weapon supplies is something that is very real.

There are a bunch of ideas that can be thrown around.

Do you agree with what i am saying? What do you think the importance of this Faction would be to PR? Anything else that you can think of would be appreciated and im sure everyone would love to discuss.

Thank you,
Red
Old 2011-09-23, 22:36   #2
Sgt.Desert Tiger[TR]

Default Re: How Africa will help PR grow

This faction will be more better than have another one.
Old 2011-09-24, 14:47   #3
Zemciugas

Fully agree, think PR team should be helping his mod to get out faster, so much new possibilites open up having ARF.
Old 2011-09-24, 15:35   #4
Arc_Shielder
Retired PR Developer

Indeed, after seeing that poll it beats me why most are picking factions that will bring little in comparison to what we already have. ARF will be a fresh breeze.
Old 2011-09-24, 18:12   #5
Sgt_Doctor

Honestly, for me the ARF (not the AU) are going to be close as the Taliban faction (Akish faction, etc).

But, the major difference will be the maps. To fight in Afghanistan without optics is (IMO) boring, but to fight in jungle with some AK would be awesome !

And as I said before, the AU/ARF are inseparable of the French faction. And we (the French comfac) do our best to be included as soon as possible.
Old 2011-09-27, 05:29   #6
Redamare
Supporting Member

Quote:
And as I said before, the AU/ARF are inseparable of the French faction. And we (the French comfac) do our best to be included as soon as possible.
I agree fully those two factions go together like fat kids and cupcakes. except i think that it would be Fine if the French forces were released before ARF Fighting in different maps but when it comes to Insurgency with the ARF it would only make sense to be against France or GB.
Old 2011-10-03, 11:49   #7
simeon5541

Most interesting faction of all upcoming factions,
it is going to be made only of things that are in the game,
but still it would be great,and maps especialy jungle maps,
will refresh PR.
I don't know for video game that have GB,Russian,Israeli,Chinese,
French,German etc. factions all together in it,
PR will be unique,
you can just send yourself to any conflict in the world
by double clicking on map !!
Go AU and ARF !!
Old 2011-10-28, 03:24   #8
Pvt.LHeureux
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redamare View Post
Savannas
I'm back in mapping.
Old 2011-10-28, 09:26   #9
Serbiak

I made two threads about the possible faction a few years ago. This might be interesting for some of you for info. Some of the pictures are now shown anymore though.

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18...ican-army.html
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f38...y-faction.html
Old 2012-04-05, 07:41   #10
SamBrev

I like what you say about Native Africa vs British Africa vs French Africa, because PR is in desperate need of real battles. At the moment it is stuck with terrorists and Taliban, but some new things like colonial wars would do really well. If there are going to be African maps to go with it, you will see me a lot on those servers.

Tags
africa, grow