project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2007-05-10, 04:43   #1
stickyjeans69
Unhappy Smacktard level rising

i don't know about you guys, or how you feel about this, i'm a supporting member over at TG and spend alot of time on the TG server, you may or may not recognize me. In the past 2 weeks the Smacktard level has risen dramatically, there are more things that have started happening

Dolphin diving (reasonable but not realistic)
AT Spamming
Complete lack of Tactics
some do not care about the rest of their team, just self happiness (had a cobra squad on basrah 10 minutes ago, this guy by the name of Sabre_tooth_tigg, comes in, takes our cobra fly's around will not listen to the CO, and is finally kicked for it.)
completely ignoring the SL (this one makes me really red in the face)

i hope this next release seperates the dedicated from the smacktards. what are your guys' thoughts on this?
stickyjeans69 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 04:52   #2
PlayPR!

Same thing happened to me on a TG server. Went on a VOIP squad and what did I hear? Nothing... And on EJOD there was not a single person Rifleman, everyone was their precious limited kits.

I wouldn't mind if the Limited kits, were even more limited. Like 2-3 SAW men per team, 1 sniper and 1 marksman. Heavy AT is fine as is, but we still have yet to find out about the new ones. It just gets real tiresome to jump on a nice TG server and everone is waiting for their favorite limited kit...
PlayPR! is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 04:56   #3
stickyjeans69

yeah, this evening in a matter of four hours i reported 6 people, all of whom where kicked and banned
Old 2007-05-10, 05:47   #4
Teek
Supporting Member

TG has a good reputation and good server, except the players are tards.

Teek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 06:18   #5
arthuro12

i once was in a squad and they booted me out of the squad because of this: ''F U! u touch urselfs at night!!!'' <---- thats a ''wtf'' moment right there.
arthuro12 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 07:21   #6
MadTommy
Supporting Member

a couple of suggestions that might help:

5 minute spawn times.

Commander issues Pilot and Crew kits

SL issues limited squad kits.

No snipers!

Obviously these are not very serious suggestions. But is might run a certain type of player elsewhere. There is a % of players who take PR as just BF2 with new shinny things the blow up. I'm really hoping 0.6 is really uppopular for these types. I have faith.
MadTommy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 07:48   #7
stickyjeans69

that's what im hoping for tommy, i feel like 2 weeks ago i was having alot more fun, now i'm 2 busy picking up the trash in the server (reporting problematics) to have fun...............
Old 2007-05-10, 07:51   #8
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthuro12
i once was in a squad and they booted me out of the squad because of this: ''F U! u touch urselfs at night!!!'' <---- thats a ''wtf'' moment right there.
Think, thats a retarded vanilla "excuse", happened to me back in vBF2...

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 07:52   #9
OiSkout

5min spawn time = not even "realism" players will play that often (unless they have A LOT OF TIME to spare). Not to mention even the "cannon-fodder-noobs" will play. AKA almost no one will play.

PS - rising level of smacktards = global warming. AKA, o rly!? shite! I mean, it happens a lil before and after each new patch version. I mean c'mon, EVERYONE likes to test out new ideas, be they "realistic" game players vs "acarde" players. Stop bein so game-ist. Shit happens man. If you want the game to be as realistic as you can, imagine these smacktards as the lowest IQ mofos that actually get into the armed forces, and that you have to deal with them.

PPS - OH NOES GLOBAL WARMING, BEWARE OF BF2142.

PPPSSSS - my bad, if I came off harsh, I didn't mean too, I've spent much time doing non-sobering stuff. But I'm gonna keep this post up to deter others.
OiSkout is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 08:09   #10
stickyjeans69

Quote:
Originally Posted by OiSkout
5min spawn time = not even "realism" players will play that often (unless they have A LOT OF TIME to spare). Not to mention even the "cannon-fodder-noobs" will play. AKA almost no one will play.

PS - rising level of smacktards = global warming. AKA, o rly!? shite! I mean, it happens a lil before and after each new patch version. I mean c'mon, EVERYONE likes to test out new ideas, be they "realistic" game players vs "acarde" players. Stop bein so game-ist. Shit happens man. If you want the game to be as realistic as you can, imagine these smacktards as the lowest IQ mofos that actually get into the armed forces, and that you have to deal with them.

PPS - OH NOES GLOBAL WARMING, BEWARE OF BF2142.

PPPSSSS - my bad, if I came off harsh, I didn't mean too, I've spent much time doing non-sobering stuff. But I'm gonna keep this post up to deter others.
in 2142 earth cools by the way

the point is they can try it, but they need to obide by server rules/regulations and be ready to listen and learn

Tags
level, rising, smacktard