project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2017-05-16, 21:27   #1
DogACTUAL

Default PGO scope for RPG7

Can you please give militia and russia access to HAT kits that do not have that scope attached to them? Maybe put the scope only on STD HAT kit and make ALT HAT kit have no scope, would be additional balance for having one more warhead in the ALT version (yes, 2 of those are weaker but also have better range).

The reason being that me and a few others prefer the adjustable iron sights because the scope is clunky and they give you a better idea what you will be able to hit considering the big deviation of the warheads. The scope on the other hand lets you assume you can hit targets far away and even when aiming properly you will miss many times because of the big deviation at that distance.
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-16, 21:30   #2
Allahu Akbar
Default Re: PGO scope for RPG7

Russia ALT LAT used to have scope for RPG-7, should add that back.

A lot of people do not notice how you have worse accuracy(look at deviation indicator!) while crouched/prone with RPG-7(any variant, seems to be RPG-7-only issue); if you fire it standing up, it's no less accurate than regular LAT(just massive drops).
Allahu Akbar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-16, 22:55   #3
DogACTUAL

Tried it and didn't even notice any difference in accuracy, other than the deviation indicator, when firing standing up compared to crouched or prone. Tandem heat is still too unreliable at 200m.
Atleast when the ironsight covers the whole target you know that there is a good chance it will miss. Then you know you should move closer.

But the scope gives you a false idea of the actual accuracy.
I also still think the scope is too clunky even without considering the accuracy.

Overall i would like to have the option to use the adjustable iron sight.
So that people that like the scope can use the scope and people that like the iron sight can use the iron sight.
Old 2017-05-17, 01:54   #4
Allahu Akbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogACTUAL View Post
Tried it and didn't even notice any difference in accuracy, other than the deviation indicator, when firing standing up compared to crouched or prone. Tandem heat is still too unreliable at 200m.
Atleast when the ironsight covers the whole target you know that there is a good chance it will miss. Then you know you should move closer.

But the scope gives you a false idea of the actual accuracy.
I also still think the scope is too clunky even without considering the accuracy.

Overall i would like to have the option to use the adjustable iron sight.
So that people that like the scope can use the scope and people that like the iron sight can use the iron sight.
Nice thing about scope is that you can always use backup ironsights which should be zero at 200m.
Old 2017-05-17, 17:05   #5
DogACTUAL

The backup ironsight on the RPG 7 with the scope is always zeroed in at the closest distance zeroing setting that is available on the normal adjustable ironsight version for the specific warhead you are using.

So for the regular PG-7VM warhead with the maximum effective range of 500m (the one that the LAT kit is equipped with) the backup ironsight for the scoped version is zeroed in at 200m.

But for the PG-7VR tandem heat warhead with the maximum effective range of 200m (the one that the HAT kit uses) the backup ironsight for the scoped version is zeroed in at 100m.
Last edited by DogACTUAL; 2017-05-17 at 17:16..
Old 2017-05-17, 17:42   #6
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Tandem warheads have same deviation as the smaller far flying once.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-17, 18:12   #7
DogACTUAL

I already assumed that was the case, but i just don't want to have to use the scope with any RPG 7 warhead for the reasons i listed in my original post.

It was just that the LAT kits generally still have RPG 7s without the scope while in factions like militia and russia you are forced to go with the scope when selecting the HAT kit.

It would be nice if maybe the ALT version of these HAT kits came with adjustable ironsights instead of the scope, for people like me who prefer those.
Old 2017-05-17, 18:57   #8
Allahu Akbar

Quote:
The backup ironsight on the RPG 7 with the scope is always zeroed in at the closest distance zeroing setting that is available on the normal adjustable ironsight version for the specific warhead you are using.

So for the regular PG-7VM warhead with the maximum effective range of 500m (the one that the LAT kit is equipped with) the backup ironsight for the scoped version is zeroed in at 200m.

But for the PG-7VR tandem heat warhead with the maximum effective range of 200m (the one that the HAT kit uses) the backup ironsight for the scoped version is zeroed in at 100m.
I was referring to the LAT one.
Old 2018-01-30, 17:36   #9
XAHTEP39

Quote:

Thanks for this numbers!
What is zeroing distance for the backup ironsight for the ALT HAT Russia for "medium" PG-7L warhead? 200 like as "light" V/VM/VS ?
XAHTEP39 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-30, 18:58   #10
DogACTUAL

No, it is 100m. More info: https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f19...-v1-3-5-a.html

Edit: Wait... So i tested it and it seems like the iron sight is set to either 150m or 200m?!
Last edited by DogACTUAL; 2018-01-30 at 19:15..

Tags
pgo, rpg7, scope