project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2017-11-21, 22:04   #1
waldov

Default Excessive deviation on LMG's

Having used the AR kit a lot more frequently as of late, I've begun to notice the seriously excessive deviation it suffer's when being deployed in action. Not that this is a inherently unrealistic, a 7 or 8 kg weapon isn't gonna be quick to line up on the go compared to an assault rifle that weighs half as much; but the problem I've found is that pretty much all the LMG's stay on maximum deviation(missing a manned size target at 30 meters kind of deviation) when first deployed for a good 6-8 seconds! It's so excessive it almost makes the AR kit hopeless in fast paced action even when you're deployed in a defensive position let alone in an assault.

Moving from window to window in a T-building or over watching different sides of a roof becomes a seriously risky move for the AR in a way that I think is too over the top. Going from one window to the next to lay fire on some spotted enemies becomes frustrating when you look at them down the sites but have to sit there for say 7 seconds (which is a bloody long time in a fight) to have the slightest chance of hitting them. I still think the long amount of time it takes for AR's to attain ideal accuracy is a good feature, but why does it have to stay on Maximum deviation for so long? Couldn't it stay on a sort of mild deviation for a bit longer instead so you're not literally useless against anything over 10 meters away for so long or Is it a hardcoded thing?
waldov is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-22, 00:39   #2
viirusiiseli
Banned
Default Re: Excessive deviation on LMG's

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldov View Post
Having used the AR kit a lot more frequently as of late, I've begun to notice the seriously excessive deviation it suffer's when being deployed in action. Not that this is a inherently unrealistic, a 7 or 8 kg weapon isn't gonna be quick to line up on the go compared to an assault rifle that weighs half as much; but the problem I've found is that pretty much all the LMG's stay on maximum deviation(missing a manned size target at 30 meters kind of deviation) when first deployed for a good 6-8 seconds! It's so excessive it almost makes the AR kit hopeless in fast paced action even when you're deployed in a defensive position let alone in an assault.

Moving from window to window in a T-building or over watching different sides of a roof becomes a seriously risky move for the AR in a way that I think is too over the top. Going from one window to the next to lay fire on some spotted enemies becomes frustrating when you look at them down the sites but have to sit there for say 7 seconds (which is a bloody long time in a fight) to have the slightest chance of hitting them. I still think the long amount of time it takes for AR's to attain ideal accuracy is a good feature, but why does it have to stay on Maximum deviation for so long? Couldn't it stay on a sort of mild deviation for a bit longer instead so you're not literally useless against anything over 10 meters away for so long or Is it a hardcoded thing?
It's a good thing for balance, if you were able to fire max or near max accuracy in 4 sec, the kit would be absolutely mad OP.

If you need to shoot quick, use undeployed and short bursts. While deploying, move quickly but for a short time to keep deviation to a minimum. More time moved means more time to be accurate again, while speed of moving doesn't matter. So dont move while aimed in but rather sprint somewhere and aim again.

That said, ARs are already really good and the wait time although unrealistic, obviously, is extremely good for gameplay.
viirusiiseli is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-22, 09:39   #3
inb4banned

I disagree OP, in my opinion the AR kit in PR is far too good. I see several problems in your post.

First, you should simply not deploy at all in CQB situations where you're expected to be mobile. Your undeployed AR is often superior to other weapons because of lots of ammo and great fire rate.

Second, the time it takes to deploy and be accurate isn't too long at all. The main thing here is that you need to learn about good positioning to be truly effective. If you always move in a way that you put some cover or terrain between you and expected contact direction you simply do this: move, spot the enemy, stop, deploy and go prone (all 3 really fast) and by the time you crouch/ stand up and are ready to fire your deployed AR will already be 100% accurate.

Third, you need to learn to constantly switch between deployed and undeployed mode, don't move around in deployed mode, don't stick around in undeployed mode.

Play with that in mind and the enemy rarely even has the chance to spot you or return fire. Here's a decent video example showing how effective you can be while moving around a T building.

inb4banned is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-22, 11:15   #4
Filamu
Supporting Member

ARs are fine. They were better before, but they are still the biggest killers among infantry. To be good with the kit you have to play around the deployment times and know when to use undeployed.

My only gripe with the ARs are that the poor MG3 doesn't have undeployed. #MECARsAREPEOPLETOO
Filamu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-23, 09:23   #5
waldov

Yeah true I see all of your guys points, I guess it really comes down to my own inexperience with the class, thanks for the tips though I look foward to trying it!
waldov is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-11, 06:15   #6
Allahu Akbar

You only need 3 bullets to kill and one bullet landing anywhere close to target to suppress.

Also, you can actually overheat on LMG.
Allahu Akbar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-11, 07:00   #7
qs-racer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inb4banned View Post

You are exploiting the bug of changing riffle just after stop and prone to remove the deviation.
If the game works properly, you should have the 8s deviation of getting prone, there you are at full accuracy in 2 secondes...

qs-racer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-19, 14:57   #8
Heavy Death

OP plays the game wrong.
Heavy Death is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-20, 08:09   #9
Fuller

I think infantry vs. infantry gameplay is overall very balanced.
That means the tactical dicisions your squad makes have a far greater impact than the gear they carry.
Especially AR/LMG kit is quite strong and needs no further buff.
AR/LMG/Grenadier is a simple trade off firepower vs. maneuverability.
If you want both you have pick the breacher and stay in a CQB environment.
Fuller is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
deviation, excessive, lmg