project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
26 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2022-01-11, 07:36   #1
dcm
Default Vietnam infantry needs a slight rework.

NVA Scout should not have two submachine guns I dont understand why he has the choice between the PPSH and MAT-49. He really needs a rifle instead. Sometimes you need range, accuracy and damage over saturated fire. I would prefer it if the MAT-49 was replaced by the SKS.

NVA LAT needs hand tossed fragmentation grenades. They dont have to be RKGs.

NVA Rifleman AP needs victim operated mines. The claymore is not a good fit for the NVA's tactics. I believe that atleast the ALT version of the kit should have it's claymores replaced with S-Mines.

P.S. Can we get some more urban vietnam maps? I'm sick of IA Drang. Charlie's point is fun but rarely if ever gets a chance to be played.
dcm is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-11, 14:44   #2
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Vietnam infantry needs a slight rework.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcm View Post
P.S. Can we get some more urban vietnam maps? I'm sick of IA Drang. Charlie's point is fun but rarely if ever gets a chance to be played.
If you or someone else was totally serious about putting in the months of work required to populate the city then there is always the Hue terrain I made for someone else, with the idea being that I set the terrain and the rest of the map up and he would do the time consuming, but not so technical work of placing all the static objects/buildings to populate the map with (not tankninja1, his version of Hue was different from this and came before I made this terrain) but unfortunately, that guy dropped out after I got the terrain ready for him and no one else has wanted to put the work in and I don't have the time myself to do it so it's been sitting on the shelf ever since then. If there was anyone truly willing to really make this happen then they could use my terrain etc, although only for PR and I wouldn't be able to give as much help as I was originally planning to do for this map so it would be very much up to whoever took it on to do everything else needed, including making any new statics they might need, but the terrain is all ready to go, other than it will eventually need painting but that is easy enough and I could even do the base work for that.

Spoiler for Hue:

Last edited by Rhino; 2022-01-12 at 11:44..
Old 2022-01-11, 17:06   #3
SemlerPDX
PR Server License Administrator

Interesting suggestions, but Scouts don't carry rifles because they are scouts, and rifles are heavy - they need to be light and fast and highly mobile. Probably why they have the choices they do, and why it won't change. Likely similar reason for lack of grenades for LAT - maybe OP or realism for weight of the role this type of soldier is supposed to represent in the game.

Also, I definitely want to get my hands on some "victim operated mines", what are those?

SemlerPDX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-11, 19:24   #4
dcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemlerPDX View Post
Interesting suggestions, but Scouts don't carry rifles because they are scouts, and rifles are heavy - they need to be light and fast and highly mobile. Probably why they have the choices they do, and why it won't change. Likely similar reason for lack of grenades for LAT - maybe OP or realism for weight of the role this type of soldier is supposed to represent in the game.
Yeah but two types of submachine guns? It's pointless and repetitive. Sometimes you just gotta pop a fool from far away. Realism aside, the US LAT gets grenades and he's a much more viable class for it.

Quote:
Also, I definitely want to get my hands on some "victim operated mines", what are those?
You serious? Watercans, S-Mines, Grenade traps, AT Mines, Etc. The ALT NVA rifleman gets S-mines, which is nice, but most of the time I'm using the AK. Because there's nothing better than an AK in vietnam.

@Rhino
Aw hell naw. I aint got time or skill for that. I tried editing basrah and I dunno what I did but it corrupted my game.
Old 2022-01-11, 20:17   #5
Smol Shrum

Would love to have M1 carbine as an ALT weapon for NVA's scout/breacher.

Both appropriate and still sub-par to proper rifle.
Smol Shrum is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-11, 20:27   #6
dcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smol Shrum View Post
Would love to have M1 carbine as an ALT weapon for NVA's scout/breacher.

Both appropriate and still sub-par to proper rifle.
As much as I hate the M1 carbine for being a weak piece of shit. I dont hate the idea.
Old 2022-01-11, 23:00   #7
Coalz101

Quote:
You serious? Watercans, S-Mines, Grenade traps, AT Mines, Etc. The ALT NVA rifleman gets S-mines, which is nice, but most of the time I'm using the AK. Because there's nothing better than an AK in vietnam.
SKS better than AK, more accurate and costs less bullets to kill people.
Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-12, 10:48   #8
InfantryGamer42

Quote:
I am not so well informed about ToE in Vietnam, but if we go off by "logic only", I really do not see reason why scouts would not have bolt action rifle or carabine version of rifle as there Alt primary (both in game and IRL). PPSh-41, MAT-49 and carbine version of Mosin Nagant (M38 and M44) all have around 4kg of mass, while M1 carbine has even less, aka they are all "light".

In short, I am all in for NVA scout to get either M1 carbine or Mosin Nagant M44 carbine (if we have one, as I can not remember which variant we have in game) as there alt primary.
InfantryGamer42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-12, 16:51   #9
SemlerPDX
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:

lmao - I get what you mean. Anti-personal mines, and anti-tank mines... I think it's the descriptor you used that made it sound so odd... hit the eyes and ears like, "Existence inhibiting mines"... a bit imprecise and atypical term to say the least.

SemlerPDX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-12, 18:33   #10
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coalz101 View Post
SKS better than AK, more accurate and costs less bullets to kill people.
No, no and no.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote