project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2024-06-27, 13:11   #1
_shkiper_

Post [Faction Concept] Private Military Company

Hello there! First of all I would like to share my thoughts about new faction Private Military Company.

As a player who prefers infantry battles, I like the Hamas and Rebels factions, but in the realities of the game I often encountered the unwillingness of people to play for the opfor in the classic form: a conventional army with heavy equipment against infantry formations with light equipment. It’s not that I’m against it, but this battle format undoubtedly sets limits and restrictions, for example it's not often that rebels launch a targeted attack - most often it's defensive. All this is dictated by the conditions of conventional combat in the game at the moment.
The presence of such a faction as PMC will help to slightly expand the scope of infantry battles on small maps, allowing for equal tactical and operational capabilities for opfors, will be able to introduce diversity in small arms equipment, because a private company is not a regular army of which standards are needed, including standards in weapon modifications. The lack of restrictions on weapons for this faction will ensure the fog of war (Kafr Halab fans with rebels and FSA will like this). Equal conditions in equipment, light armored vehicles will allow the opfor to fight on equal terms with the bluefor and irregular factions will not need to wage a constant battle time to destroy heavy vehicles. Roughly speaking, except for an unusual idea, I propose to pay attention to this form of combat, which, unfortunately, is rarely found among existing layouts of small maps. Besides everything the above can bring back rare map layouts to the scene, namely INF layouts of 1km maps (possibly 2km for example Kafr Halab or Sahel). Perhaps this the faction will be able to breathe life into pure infantry battles of existing maps.

The faction is conceived as an approximate PMC, without reference to existing ones. Time period of weapons and equipment 2000-2012
I ask everyone interested to contact me on discord (nickname _shkiper_)
People from whom we need help:
1.Modeler
2.Programmer
3.Mapper

What needs to be done from scratch or remodel:
Mamba MRAP

Or Cougar MRAP

SUVs

Pickup

Moto

HMMWV

Weapons

Something can be retextured or modificated. At this point I am amateur in modeling and I'll be glad to receive help in any appearance. Thanks!
Last edited by _shkiper_; 2024-06-28 at 09:18..
Old 2024-06-28, 11:47   #2
[R-DEV]Suchar
PR:BF2 QA Lead
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: [Faction Concept] Private Military Company

I don't think a PMC faction is something we would be interested in. It is not really what PR is about.

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic98978_4.gif
Suchar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-28, 16:51   #3
_shkiper_

Default Re: [Faction Concept] Private Military Company

But at least I tried. Maybe one day)
_shkiper_ is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
faction, pmc