project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2005-11-10, 01:55   #1
Brentos
Default My suggestions for the USMC Weapons Kits

All kits come with Ka-Bar knife

Rifleman:

M16A4 w/ 4 mags
M203 w/ 2 HE rounds
4x M67
2x M18

Automatic Rifleman:

M249 SAW w/ 2 mags
4x M67

Anti-Tank:

M4 w/ 2 mags
SMAW
2x M67

Officer: (kit automatically given to commander)

M4 w/ 3 mags
Beretta
Binoculars

Designated Marksman:

M14DMR w/ 3 mags
Beretta
2x Claymores

Corpsman:

M16A4
6x tourniquettes
3x M67s
1x M18
Brentos is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-11-10, 04:11   #2
BrokenArrow
Retired PR Developer

one thing guys, theres tons of threads with this same subject, use the search button and keep everything together so that discussions stay in one place (makes for more ideas and better discussion)

BrokenArrow is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-11-10, 04:43   #3
Brentos

I'll think about it
Old 2005-11-10, 12:11   #4
Maj.b00bz

All kits come with Ka-Bar knife - (Pretty much true. Personally I never owned a Ka-Bar, I just sharpened the sh1t out of my bayonet. I had a cool knuckle knife too.)

Rifleman:

M16A4 w/ 4 mags (Mag pouches hold 6 mags, plus one in the well. If you were a good Maine, you liberated a few more for the admin pouges in the rear, think cargo pockets and gas mask holder. Ammo is life)
M203 w/ 2 HE rounds (Not. Bandolier comes with 6, the vest holds like 12)
4x M67 (Not if you had the 203. But you might grab one or two if you were motivated and felt like humping the extra weight. I can see that)
2x M18 (Smoke is cool, you can never have enough. You always had room for smoke.)

Automatic Rifleman:

M249 SAW w/ 2 mags (2 mags or drums? 2 mags wouldn't go very far. I say three here because you have two pouches on your gear and you'll have one on your weapon. Although for longer patrols I would use a magazine for a lighter weapon. This is combat though. If you know you're going in, you're going to go in heavy. 3 Drums of 200 puhleese)
4x M67 (dude, SAW drums weight a ton, you might grab one or two frags but four? Negative. You are the supporting element of a Fire Team. )

Anti-Tank:
(This is a totally unrealistic loadout anyway so does it matter?)
M4 w/ 2 mags (not. SMAW gunners have a pistola. The A-gunner has an M16)
SMAW (2 rounds max and I am just giving in to the game play here)
2x M67 (nope)

Officer: (kit automatically given to commander)

M4 w/ 3 mags
Beretta
Binoculars
(looks ok, although most Zeros just had M16's. M4's don't really exist in numbers in the line companies/platoons. The get poached by the REMF's who really need them most

Designated Marksman:
(never hear of one of these. Snipers are Battalion level assets, they do their own thang. Snipers should be eliminated all together in this game. Especially the Barret. You might see one of those per Batallion.)
M14DMR w/ 3 mags
Beretta
2x Claymores

Corpsman:

M16A4 (4 Mags, in the USMC, they are not infantry. In my unit, 2/7, during Desert Storm they were issued pistols. Although everyone of them said they were going to pick up the first one they could.)
6x tourniquettes
3x M67s (Never saw a Corpsman carry a grenade, but in war, I guess that's possible.)
1x M18[/QUOTE] ( nope)

My intent is not to rip your idea. Quite the contrary, I see you're trying to get a dialogue going about a realistic load out. For us forum n00bs too lazy to look in the archives I can dig it. My comments were just meant to add to yours.
Maj.b00bz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-11-10, 15:44   #5
Beckwith

a Designated Marksman is a squad or platoon level sharpshooter, doesnt wear ghillie suit doesnt have a crazy rifle just has a scoped marksmans rifle
Beckwith is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-11-10, 20:43   #6
Brentos

I see

Tags
kits, suggestions, usmc, weapons