project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
17 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Old 2013-10-10, 22:50   #1
tankninja1

Default SKS not doing damage

When I shoot people with the SKS no damage (or very little) was being done. For once I wasn't lagging and I had good ping (50-70) and I noticed multiple times that I could shoot people (see the blood effect as i was only 5m away from them) 4,5 and even 6 times and they would not go down (i could hear them run around and put on bandages). I was recording at the time and assuming that I don't get the weird bug I've been getting lately on youtube the should be some video. In .98 I remember the sks being accurate and taking guys down in 2 shots.

Steps to reproduce:
Try shooting people on Ia Drang and other sks maps.

Tested on:
-HOG- server Ia Drang lrg
Al Basrah
tankninja1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 00:11   #2
[R-DEV]​camo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: SKS not doing damage

I don't think the gun is doing no damage i think it is just now a terrible weapon. The recoil is too high and combining that with the fact that it is semi auto makes it a pretty bad option in all scenarios. It does have a cool reload animation though.

camo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 01:26   #3
tankninja1

If only I could get the youtube video to load you would see that it is pretty clear that I am getting hits and they don't seem to be doing anything.
Old 2013-10-11, 01:31   #4
SANGUE-RUIM
Supporting Member

agreed, the recoil is just too high... I simply dont play with it anymore in 1.0... the same with PPSH, which was a great gun in 0.98, and now it's just too bad in 1.0
SANGUE-RUIM is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 01:57   #5
[R-DEV]​camo
Supporting Member

Now that we are on the topic of recoil does any one else find it strange that all guns are much harder to control in single fire than they are in burst or full auto? Surely it should be the other way around.

Old 2013-10-11, 02:40   #6
tankninja1

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo_jnr_jnr View Post
Now that we are on the topic of recoil does any one else find it strange that all guns are much harder to control in single fire than they are in burst or full auto? Surely it should be the other way around.
It is to balance out the new deviation well the higher recoil is anyway. Other wise the game would seem a lot more like BF2/3 or COD.
Old 2013-10-11, 05:13   #7
[R-DEV]​camo
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankninja1 View Post
It is to balance out the new deviation well the higher recoil is anyway. Other wise the game would seem a lot more like BF2/3 or COD.
I don't think you know what i mean, the game is more like bf2/3 because the guns are easier to control in full auto than they are in single shot. Go try it out in game, aim at a centre point on your screen and shoot a whole mag single shot and then a whole mag on burst or full auto, i guarantee you that you will be looking a lot higher into the air when you do it with single shot than with full auto.

Old 2013-10-11, 11:43   #8
Hurricane
Supporting Member

I don't think it's a problem of the SKS. I've seen a video clip from Keios where he hits an enemy 10 times+ on maybe 8m distance with an M4, with another guy shooting at him as well and he just doesn't go down (video is posted in a closed facebook group, can't embed this here).
The blood effect is no hit indicator, it's just the standard BF2 dust tinted red. Just because you see it doesn't mean it's a server-side registered hit.

It's the BF2 netcode.

Hurricane is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 11:56   #9
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Please hold yourselves from making this thread about deviation and recoil. Those things have nothing to do with damage. It is indeed most likely a issue with hit registration. Go into a local bot server and try it out there.

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 14:55   #10
Heavy Death

Must be hit registration. I often paly with various guns on INS just because the coice is fun and amazing <3 and could rack up kills with SKS no problems.
Heavy Death is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
damage, sks