project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.7 Feedback Forum
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2008-01-04, 14:19   #1
BeerHunter
Supporting Member
Default v0.7 Feedback - Weapon Deviation

This thread is for the discussion of the new weapon deviation system in 0.7. It is not for discussion of anything else, and please do not discuss this topic elsewhere.

Found this little tit bit of information regarding the effectiveness of small arms in combat...

Quote:
US forces have fired so many bullets in Iraq and Afghanistan - an estimated 250,000 for every insurgent killed - that American ammunition-makers cannot keep up with demand.
And these are the results from the supposedly best trained and best armed force in the world..so why should you do any better as a week end warrior in a video game?

Next time in PRM you are in a fire fight and everyone's unloading their weapons into an enemies position , remember this.
Last edited by Masaq; 2008-01-06 at 18:04..
Old 2008-01-04, 14:30   #2
Armand28

Your "facts" speak more to tactics than to weapon accuracy.

There's a difference between "dumping a bag of bullets into the general area of an insurgent" and "placing the crosshairs on a target 100' away and missing entirely".
Old 2008-01-04, 14:34   #3
nedlands1

Yeah, suppressive fire is the bee-knees of modern warfare and it tends to use a lot of ammunition up.
Old 2008-01-04, 15:15   #4
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armand28 View Post
Your "facts" speak more to tactics than to weapon accuracy.

There's a difference between "dumping a bag of bullets into the general area of an insurgent" and "placing the crosshairs on a target 100' away and missing entirely".
Ahh but in-game, missing entirely means you dump a bag of bullets into the general area! Bingo, instant supression fire - something we never had in 0.6 lol

Joking, but partially serious lol.

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." - Washington Post
Old 2008-01-04, 19:00   #5
icehollow

I think the new accuracy is fine, besides the issues with :

A) it could be slightly more accurate when still. Lower dispersion by a few points maybe.
B)running has same effect on accuracy as walking with sights up does. Obviously you can see the issue in that.
C) you can still move/sprint, insta prone, bring up sights and fire all within a second and still have little to no accuracy loss.
Old 2008-01-04, 19:06   #6
ltdanohs

just use a APC lol or Tank that sould salve all problems lol
Old 2008-01-04, 19:08   #7
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

i just headshot someone with 1 shot with the g3 at 400 meters.... i dont think anything wrong with the accuracy of weapons
Old 2008-01-04, 19:45   #8
LeadMagnet
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]fuzzhead View Post
i just headshot someone with 1 shot with the g3 at 400 meters.... i dont think anything wrong with the accuracy of weapons
H4x!

“Without Warning, Sans Remorse”
Old 2008-01-04, 19:47   #9
wattledaub

i seem to be geting more kills on 0.7 but not as many as i do on my air rifle dammn bunnys
Old 2008-01-04, 19:48   #10
DeePsix
Supporting Member

But complaining incorherently and non-stop is the only way to get what I want!!!

250,000 : 1 Insurgent? Wow. Talk about surpressing fire.

PR Testing Team: Serious Business.
[R-DEV]LeadMagnet: I guess that's what you get when an Irishman drinks light beer.....bad advice.
[R-DEV]dbzao: I'm Oscar Mike, OSCAR MIKE!!!!

Tags
deviation, feedback, v07, weapon