project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.7 Feedback Forum
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2008-03-29, 18:21   #1
Scot
Supporting Member

Default No more Iron Sights for british people

Yes it may make it fairer for some but for the Britsh to have Iron Sights nowadays is wrong. no infantry man has iron sights on his weapon in the British army. They all have the SUSAT, especially the Grenadier, which is why i rarely want to go grenadier. I understand when s crewman has an iron sight, cos lets be honest, if a crewman has to get out of his vehicle, he is fooked, but the rest of the infantry should have SUSAT, so Officer, Rifleman, Engineer, Medic and Grenadier have the SUSAT. The rifleman without a scope can have like 3 ammo bags or something to make it worth his while to go it.
Old 2008-03-29, 18:32   #2
Waaah_Wah
Banned

Is medics get SUSAT they will be a "Rambo" kit. Officers already have the scope, and grenadier will get it in future reliases.

But yeah, engineers should get it
Old 2008-03-29, 18:39   #3
cplgangster

the thing is though a crewman in the british army from what i know this isnot fact use a carbine version of the la85 wich does have susat on it.
also from what i know not fact the egineers in the british army are rarly on the front line shooting at people and clearing mine fields that much anyway in would be pointless for them to actually use a SuSAT if they have got covering fire from the rest of thier troops.

i say again none of this is hard and fast fact it is only what i have gathered from speaking to soldiers and things like that.
Old 2008-03-29, 18:48   #4
LtSoucy
Supporting Member

Its balance issues thats it. Been suggested before........lock?

Reality Gaming - Making Games Reality
http://realitygamer.org/

Old 2008-03-29, 20:13   #5
CAS_117

Make Medics and Engineers limited kits and that will keep them from being spammed. Other than that, if they use them for combat then they probably have no idea how to use them anyways so theres no point.
Old 2008-03-29, 20:28   #6
zangoo

project reality should make the kits, weapons as good as the engine will allow, this is project reality after all. just do what cas said make medic and engineers limited kits. and if it comes to balance let the mappers balance it.
Old 2008-03-29, 20:55   #7
strima
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

All British forces deploying on Ops get optic sights, mainly SUSAT but there's been authority for new sights to be bought.

For the game the system should be left as it is at the minute, unless you give the insurgents more Optic pick up kits.

Quote:
the thing is though a crewman in the british army from what i know this isnot fact use a carbine version of the la85 wich does have susat on it.
Only on trial at the minute.

Quote:
also from what i know not fact the egineers in the british army are rarly on the front line shooting at people and clearing mine fields that much anyway in would be pointless for them to actually use a SUSAT if they have got covering fire from the rest of thier troops.
Wrong, Royal Engineers are often on the front line hence their 'Teeth Arm' status. Even third line troops are issued with optic sights on Ops and are soon to be issued SUSAT as a matter of course. With the pace of modern operations and the role of all soldiers from whatever country there are no 'front lines' to speak of.

Iron sights are still used in humid environments due to the damp screwing with the Optics.

Old 2008-03-29, 21:48   #8
Top_Cat_AxJnAt

I love my iron sites as much as my scope. Better vision in close combat and that can even be an advantage in medium range fire fights, at around 100 - 200m. Particuarly when combined with the new suppressing fire affect, the need to actualy hit enemies at range is decreased becuase one only needs to fire near them, while another can move forwed to engage them in close combat.

Therefore, iron sites can be of much use as iron sites in this new release and future releases in large majority of combat situations (namely engagements less then 200, which is really over 75% of engagements anyway)
Old 2008-03-29, 22:39   #9
Jaymz
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

This has been discussed to death several times before. It's not feasible without incorporating the "back-up" iron sights the SUSAT allows for in RL.

"Clear the battlefield and let me see, All the profit from our victory." - Greg Lake
Old 2008-03-29, 23:27   #10
OkitaMakoto
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Jaymz View Post
This has been discussed to death several times before. It's not feasible without incorporating the "back-up" iron sights the SUSAT allows for in RL.
And there you have it

<3
Okita

Tags
british, iron, people, sights