project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-27, 23:18   #1
Lan
Default 3 Caches?

Today on Basrah we have 3 caches at once from about half an hour in until the end of the game, im not sure if its even a bug and i couldnt find it in the bugs to be looked at section so im wondering if its possible or normal for us to be defending 3 caches or wether it was just a rare occurrence because ive never seen it before.
Old 2010-01-29, 22:49   #2
Lan
Default Re: 3 Caches?

This is a bug right as the 3 caches thing was taken out for 0.8x?
Old 2010-01-29, 23:12   #3
PepsiMachine

Yeah, there should be only 2 caches present.
Old 2010-01-30, 00:04   #4
goguapsy

Ya, as for 0.85 (I think) there should only be a max of 2 caches present at a given time (before, the max was 3). It was made to concentrate battles and not leaving a undefended cache while the whole team is protecting 2 of them.

Do you have a screenshot? Maybe it was just an illusion? Any chances that (as you were insurgent) you were seeing a defend marker and mistaked it for a undiscovered cache marker?
Old 2010-01-30, 02:56   #5
Lan

Quote:
Originally Posted by goguapsy View Post
Ya, as for 0.85 (I think) there should only be a max of 2 caches present at a given time (before, the max was 3). It was made to concentrate battles and not leaving a undefended cache while the whole team is protecting 2 of them.

Do you have a screenshot? Maybe it was just an illusion? Any chances that (as you were insurgent) you were seeing a defend marker and mistaked it for a undiscovered cache marker?
I thought it was a marker at first actually but then when they destroyed it another one popped up and there was still 3 caches for the whole of the round although it started with 2. At one point 2 were right next to each other as you can see from one of the following screens. No way of me proving this was the other day but i assure you it was!
http://img684.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=screen001dn.jpg
Old 2010-01-30, 03:25   #6
octo-crab

I've noticed it occasionally and what usually happens is on cache is buggered. Weird though that it happened on two occasions for you in the same game. What server were you on out of curiosity?
Old 2010-01-30, 03:42   #7
Rissien
Supporting Member

You most likely notice when that happens that Insurgents/Taliban start with 90 tickets. Its a bugged cache and is already destroyed at the beginning of the round. Calition cannot see it.

MA3-USN Former

クラナド ァフターストーリー
Old 2010-01-30, 05:26   #8
Lan

Quote:
Originally Posted by octo-crab View Post
I've noticed it occasionally and what usually happens is on cache is buggered. Weird though that it happened on two occasions for you in the same game. What server were you on out of curiosity?
Eagle pr server. And yea it is a little weird and it wasnt just twice in the same game, 3 appeared for the rest of the round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =]H[=ElvishKnight View Post
You most likely notice when that happens that Insurgents/Taliban start with 90 tickets. Its a bugged cache and is already destroyed at the beginning of the round. Calition cannot see it.
I see why but im 99% sure we had 3 caches on the map for the rest of the round since the bug started.
Old 2010-01-30, 07:56   #9
Lzryde

The server admin might have edited one of the python scripts that determines how many active caches are shown at once. The license prohibits this though I believe.
Old 2010-01-30, 12:12   #10
Rissien
Supporting Member

The bugged cache shows as revealed to Insurgent/Taliban for the whole round.

MA3-USN Former

クラナド ァフターストーリー
Closed Thread

Tags
caches