project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > Norwegian Forces
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Norwegian Forces Discussion pertaining to the PR Norwegian Forces faction.

Old 2011-11-21, 00:25   #1
Steean-X
Default Progress?

So, what's up? Any progress, or did BF3 stop everything?
Haven't checked in for a while, but doesn't seem like anything has changed.. Just some small talk in the movie thread etc.
Since I'm not actually doing anything I clearly can't tell people to work, but it would be nice to see some progress on this awesome "nationalistic feeling"-project.
Or are we all waiting for some underground modding tools for bf3, so we can start from scratch there?
Sitrep!

Sti
Old 2011-11-21, 02:15   #2
Spush
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Progress?

In time Padawan. The faction will be done when it's ready.

Old 2011-11-21, 13:19   #3
H.sta
Supporting Member

Thanks Spush. We all have busy lifes, but no BF3 has not been the reason, mostly it is school or work that has slowed tha faction down a bit. though the mapping part is doing excellent as you soon will see with Vadso's release.

Hopefully we will see alot of things getting done during the christmas holiday. I know I will try to finish the player textures. Cid228 says he will get more time to model, and the same applies to Lemon. The Finnish faction is working on several vehicles that both factions can benefit from.

bottom line, hopefully people will have more time to work on this in the coming months. and if anyone out there has the skillset to help out, we sorely need it.

Old 2011-11-22, 01:43   #4
Steean-X

That's great news!
I wish I could do something more than just the two ideas of winning/losing-sounds I made, but I have very limited knowledge at the area of 3D-modeling. I mean, I have used 3Ds Max before, and Cinema4D etc, but not for actual modeling, more like animate already modeled models and putting them in films. I'm a hell of a director of movies and special effects, but that's kinda it.. If you need a 3D sphere, call me.

I was in the army this year, as CV90 gunner if you need any help at the HUD or something. Gave some notes and pictures to someone here a while ago, and I really want the CV90 to be awesome. I still have an inside guy there if you need anything, a grenadier as gunner at CV90, access to a lot of other stuff too.
I am currently taking a bachelor in Information Technology, but unless you need a Java-application to pop up during game-play saying "Hello World!", I'm not much of use..

I imagined that BF3's graphics, game-play and game-modes would kill PR for me, but the more I play, the more I miss the incredible team-play and realism of Project Reality.
I've been searching the web continuously for almost three weeks now, in hope for good news in the "BF3-modding tools has arrived"-area without luck.

BF3:PR would do some serious damage to ones social life, in the good way of course.
I have a brand new i7 2600K, GTX580 and 16 f***ing gigabytes of RAM waiting for BF3:PR. And I would gladly give dice all my Christmas gifts in exchange for modding tools, even though we probably would't see the light of BF3:PR in 3-5 years. Or it would be awesome if they just gave us the whole Frostbite 2 engine to make PR2.
Old 2011-11-26, 15:40   #5
saXoni
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Spush View Post
The faction will be done when it's ready.
I love that answer
Old 2012-05-30, 21:42   #6
Naruto-kun

How is the progress going?
Old 2012-05-30, 22:07   #7
H.sta
Supporting Member

better than ever

Old 2012-05-31, 04:26   #8
Naruto-kun

You and your responses
Old 2012-06-05, 23:17   #9
Midnight_o9
Supporting Member

HD

I posted this on the Facebook page but it seems quite dead so... here's a little motivator for you guys
(I know they wont fight in the snow but whatever)
Old 2012-06-05, 23:38   #10
H.sta
Supporting Member

Awesome man, looks great

yeah, have been meaning to update that facebook page. will get on it soon

Tags
progress