project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
17 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 2018-09-01, 08:05   #1
GAJAN

Default X-95 Micro

I think that this weapon at least without scope (4x or something else) killed the 4km maps like bijar where idf fights with mec. Litteraly you wont shoot whole game cause enemies are too far and it is impossible to be accurate with iron sights on long range. Conclusiin: put back ctar21 or add scope to this x95
GAJAN is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-01, 11:19   #2
VTRaptor
Default Re: X-95 Micro

Disagree. Scopeless variants are the best thing in this game, where infantry squads aren't sniper squads, AR isn't a sniper rifle and DMR is actually useful. Current meta where everyone is a sniper and is capable of killing anyone at the range of view distance is awful and makes many weapons being used in wrong(unrealistic) way. AR/MG is supposed to be support weapon mainly for suppresing and covering fire, not a sniper rifle. Standard rifle should be effective on short range. With scopes you don't need to suppres enemies, you can just outgun them.

However, Bijar is an asset map and infantry plays only a tiny role there.
VTRaptor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-01, 12:30   #3
GAJAN

Mainly thing is G3s recoil for close combat which you must say is a lot bad. Only what saves it is its damage
Old 2018-09-01, 12:55   #4
VTRaptor

Nope, I have no problems in cqb when using G3. The problem is on your side.

@edit, the topic is about scopes, stay on it.
VTRaptor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-01, 14:19   #5
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

G3 gets bayonet for CQB.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-02, 08:02   #6
GAJAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats391 View Post
G3 gets bayonet for CQB.
I didnt meat cqb, I was thinking about close combat with guns not bayonets because g3s recoil and fire rate compared to x95 and there is a bit of balance in those optics. Someone said abou scopless weapons are better. Yes but not for long range fights which they are (bijar for example) fighting one side of valley to another one.
Old 2018-09-02, 09:42   #7
solidfire93

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAJAN View Post
I didnt meat cqb, I was thinking about close combat with guns not bayonets because g3s recoil and fire rate compared to x95 and there is a bit of balance in those optics. Someone said abou scopless weapons are better. Yes but not for long range fights which they are (bijar for example) fighting one side of valley to another one.
as an INFY squad(if you're the SL) you should always build ATGM,AA,and HMG emplacements on key locations so that the enemy wont expect you or maybe defensive areas for a flag, specially in a map like Bijar when combat happen from hill to hill, also combine arms are more in favor in this map.

A scope on a standard rifle wont do any good alone.
solidfire93 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
micro, x95