project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion > PR:F Suggestions
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:F Suggestions Suggestions from our community members.

Old 2012-10-18, 03:42   #1
IvanDrago

Default Realistic Boats

Hi, well first of all do not know if this is possible, I think it would be possible would be much of pogramacion, I'm not sure what type of programming is used in BF, over time learned a lot of C + +, HTML, PHP. ..

The idea I had was to create a true Destroyer, but that is manageable by the users, an HMS Sheffield, I think if it makes the boat is manageable and destructible, there would be a big part of logistics and ground support, and would give more role to aircraft A4 ...

IvanDrago is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 04:33   #2
Pvt.LHeureux
-
Default Re: Realistic Boats

The main thing needed is someone to make the 3D model for it
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 04:52   #3
IvanDrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt.LHeureux View Post
The main thing needed is someone to make the 3D model for it
you can grab some destructor already created and use this as a basis to design it?
Old 2012-10-18, 05:51   #4
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Both a Type 42 Destroyer (like HMS Sheffield) and a Type 21 Frigate are part of the plans and are at the bottom of this post here: https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f38...ity-tasks.html

Biggest problem as LHeureux said is someone to make them

Not 100% sure how they are going to be ingame, one option is to have them "player sailable" but their isn't much one could really do other than sail it up to a point in range of the enemy ground forces then use its cannon to blast the crap out of them (which isn't totally unrealistic)

Also isn't impossible, the Battleships mod had controllable ships, but they had to be low poly in order for them to work, but probably could have more detail and still be able to export them as a single object.

The other option is to have them like the Atlantic Conveyor, ie, stationary, but having usable weapons on them.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 15:55   #5
IvanDrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Both a Type 42 Destroyer (like HMS Sheffield) and a Type 21 Frigate are part of the plans and are at the bottom of this post here: https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f38...ity-tasks.html

Biggest problem as LHeureux said is someone to make them

Not 100% sure how they are going to be ingame, one option is to have them "player sailable" but their isn't much one could really do other than sail it up to a point in range of the enemy ground forces then use its cannon to blast the crap out of them (which isn't totally unrealistic)

Also isn't impossible, the Battleships mod had controllable ships, but they had to be low poly in order for them to work, but probably could have more detail and still be able to export them as a single object.

The other option is to have them like the Atlantic Conveyor, ie, stationary, but having usable weapons on them.

Okey Good...

did not know this mod.

sorry if my vocabulary may sound kind of weird, not very good English management.

Tags
boats, realistic