project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2008-12-23, 00:25   #1
chuckMFd
Default Prone to Stand Shuffle

I HATE THIS. The gun animation should be changed to look more fluid natural. If this is a hard one; would it be possible to slow the gun bobbles down instead of being so erradic, and make a bobble-limit of 2 ?
chuckMFd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 00:27   #2
Tomato-Rifle

Default Re: Prone to Stand Shuffle

I hate it, and it takes like 4 secs for it too stop, gotten me killed so many times
Tomato-Rifle is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 06:36   #3
Chuc
Retired PR Developer

Not possible. Animation transistions are a hard, untrodden and unforgiving part of bf2.

Personal Folio - http://www.studioash.net
Chuc is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 22:13   #4
PlaynCool

Proning will get you most of the time killed when performed in grass.Whi?- because when you prone you cant see nothing but the grass and, the enemy somehow doesnt see the grass near you(this is not an issue when the enemy is close to you) and can kill you easy, if you try to stand up you get that animation and you cant shoot.Really waiting for the new grass fields made by Rhino.
PlaynCool is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 22:58   #5
daranz

While the animation is somewhat annoying, I do like the fact that the delay is there. It discourages people from hitting the prone button the moment they see an enemy, since crouching gives the same accuracy and allows greater mobility.
daranz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-24, 05:40   #6
chuckMFd

I know it would be a hard fix but that damn shuffle is so annoying it takes away alot imo.
Old 2008-12-24, 05:42   #7
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Since its only aesthetic and at least it gives solid info on your status when getting up form prone, I'm not so annoyed by it.

But ofc if it can be changed, I'd love it and having 2 slower sways instead of drug induced muscular twitching would be great.

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-24, 11:16   #8
AnRK
Supporting Member

Yeah I'm with Rudd, the spazzness is the only thing that really annoys me about it. Would be nice to have some proper prone to standing animations but it doesn't seem like it'll ever happen, so I'd rather we have something in it's place rather then not knowing when I can shoot accurately whatsoever.
AnRK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-24, 22:45   #9
chuckMFd

You cant even shoot when the shuffle effect happens. I understand its to stop people from "jack-in-the-boxing". I dont see why the animation needs to be so exaggerated. They should roll it back to how it was in .7 with NO SHUFFLE!
Old 2008-12-24, 22:47   #10
mp5punk
Banned

ya the shuffle gets on my nerves sometimes when im in a close encounter
mp5punk is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
prone, shuffle, stand