project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Coop & Singleplayer
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Coop & Singleplayer Suggestions and feedback pertaining to Project Reality Single Player.

Old 2022-12-04, 19:08   #1
SebySKT

Exclamation Bots on coop are sometimes too powerfull.

I know that a lot of you are going to say that bots in PR are dumb and weak, but this happens only on rare occasions in my opinion.
I know they are bots, but it is a good idea to make them a bit weaker because their import is too damn powerful, like I got so many times one-taped by a bot from like 500m and also make their movement more random and when they are getting shot at to hide or fall back after a number of deaths.
Like on a Vietnam map I encountered a Vietcong and when he couldn't shoot me with his rifle
he got his RPG .
SebySKT is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-15, 23:19   #2
TengoPiernas
Talking Re: Bots on coop are sometimes too powerfull.

In fact, you are right, and also, on some occasions, they shoot at you through the bushes or trees without necessarily seeing you.
TengoPiernas is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-16, 18:07   #3
SemlerPDX
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Bots on coop are sometimes too powerfull.

For us COOP server hosts, it comes down to a number value that we can adjust in our server config files, a 0-100 value. This is not set on a per map basis, and so with each map being different (such as wooded Vietnam maps vs. open city map) it will always be a balancing act and "best that can be expected" setting rather than any "perfect difficulty" setting that would work on all COOP maps.

There are limitations with such an old game, bots seeing through foliage and certain AI behaviors are to be expected and likely will never be overcome programmatically - though there is always hope.

SemlerPDX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-19, 13:11   #4
Operator_Max1993

i've never seen bots ever hit anything with their rocket launchers at all, so this is new

though i have noticed some bots literally hitting me from like similar distances
Operator_Max1993 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-16, 18:05   #5
Doqquz

They be dumb and weak in close range, but long range engagements sometimes are frustrating
Doqquz is offline Reply With Quote